The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By Damien
pics arnt needed rli, simples as,
jack the car up,
remove wheel,
turn the wheel inwards,
look at the back of the disk,
see the 2 caliper retaining bolts (one at the top and one at the bottom and the nipple in the middle) - remove both bolts,
slide calipers out,
remove old pads,
remove metal shims from old pads and put on to new ones (if the pads didnt come with any)
add some copper grease, put pads back in, open brake fluid cover,
use g clamp to push piston back,
put caliper back on,
bolt the top and the bottom bolt back on
put the wheel back on,
do the same for the other side
then pump the breaks till solid and gentle ware in for a few hundred miles. :thumbup:

Pics http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/view ... 12&t=71545
By Damien
in the engine bay,
the cover is under the left spoon sock :-D
By mr bilko!
peter_su88 wrote:what do you mean by opening brake fluid resovoir?? in the engine bay???
Yes, you need to remove it to keep an eye on the fluid level and take some out if necessary.

The fluid that gets displaced as you push the piston back can leak out and run down the inside of the engine bay stripping the paint off if you don't notice it overflowing.
By john_tran888
Do I have to use "copper" grease or is "multi purpose" grease fine..? lol it's what I have at home at the mo. Can't be arsed to buy some!! :bad-words:

Thanks,
John
By G-Ed
My pads came with rubber shims that had double sided tape on that you stick to the rear of each pad. If I used these, would I need to put the metal ones on also?.
By nseaman
G-Ed wrote:My pads came with rubber shims that had double sided tape on that you stick to the rear of each pad. If I used these, would I need to put the metal ones on also?.
I could do with having this answered aswell please :thumbup:
By deus3x
Ok... I have compiled information to this guide in an easy layout word document.,
I have used details from this guide and information from around the forum, if any mod or author to their post wants it removed please say and ill delete.

I plan to do this brake mod myself and I have an SLR so will take some photos add and to the guide when I do it.

Here is the link to download.
http://rapidshare.com/files/379672835/H ... e.doc.html
By Alihandro
I think it is great for people that have the time just to wright up the way things are done for us to easely understand

many thanks :cool:

PS £12.00 for a new set of shims from Honda

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]