The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By algreene
was just looking myself and the piccies are gone..

Pretty please Dieselpower!! Stick them back!! :lol:
By Liam Type-R
temped to do a write up for you guys to show you, but i just went out and had a fiddle with it and worked it out, dont be scared to have a good look, its only nuts and bolts after all!
By Liam Type-R
had you have kept that LED conversion for me, I'd be straight out there! :lol: Just messin mate will probably give it a go Saturday morning, might be painting them soon any way so will have a look what state they are in while im at it!
By rico83
algreene wrote:I did mine without the pics!! Im well ace me!! :lol:
Go you! :lol:

I used the pics, failed and got a mechanic mate to do the rest.
All that he did that I didn't do was hammer fuck out of those screws with an impact driver (when removing the discs), me tried to do it with an electricians screwdriver :oops:
By DAve_
i noticed on the back-side set of pads there was 2sets of metal shims, 1 set on the front side...i only re-fitted the shim that was the same as the frontside one.. is this correct? i could see no reason for there to be 2 of them.. ideas anyone?

*Edit - Ive just re-Read the instructions and it does mention there are 2 shims... my first questions still applies though, does it matter only having 1 shim? if so ill put it back on >.<
By Type R me
yep sure does mate (if its in the pack then it means you need to use them,otherwise they wouldnt put in it the pack :thumbup: )

one goes on first then the next one on top :thumbup: then back in the cali
By DAve_
Type R me wrote:yep sure does mate (if its in the pack then it means you need to use them,otherwise they wouldnt put in it the pack :thumbup: )

one goes on first then the next one on top :thumbup: then back in the cali
i didnt get any shims with my new brake pads (ferodo ds2500) ive put the two original ones back on now anyhow..
By ben2012
replaced my front pads today and followed the guide, first time i have ever replaced any pads and got to say this guide was really helpful got both sides done in just over half and hour. cheers

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]