The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Hey,

Just bought a new stereo as bored of listening to my radio.

I fancy the DIY challenge but what tools will I need. When I got the stereo I bought the double din bracket thing, the wiring adapter thing and a radio adapter - all from halfords so I think I'm sorted for all the bits just not tools!
There is a long adapter for a socket set that you need, apart from that not a lot, just screwdriver and some common sense :) Remember not to force anything, too much force should tell you it's wrong :P
Foxtrck wrote:There is a long adapter for a socket set that you need, apart from that not a lot, just screwdriver and some common sense :) Remember not to force anything, too much force should tell you it's wrong :P
Is that a standard tool or something I need to get specially? Me and tools don't go normally lol
J wrote:You don't need it.

Scary for the first time (especially when the car was brand new), but its easy. Just don't force anything.
Cheers mate as I'm seeing some guides with tools and some without.

SO 100% to get every part off and out including the stereo cage I don't need any tools?
By J
lingham wrote:
J wrote:You don't need it.

Scary for the first time (especially when the car was brand new), but its easy. Just don't force anything.
Cheers mate as I'm seeing some guides with tools and some without.

SO 100% to get every part off and out including the stereo cage I don't need any tools?
The hardest bit is pulling the silver facias off. But just be gentle and it wont snap.
Hi,

Thought for consistency, I'd upload the document to Google Drive so that it should never expire.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ECZL ... sp=sharing

Users are able to comment on the document to provide additional tips etc.

Please message me if there is anything which needs amending.

Thanks.

PDF Version
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0ECZL ... sp=sharing

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]