The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By DJ Dunk
Superb 'How To' :)

Does anyone have the exact measurements required for the mesh ?

Reason I ask is that I am having some extremely high quality stainless mesh that is very hard to cut and will therefore need to be pre-cut to size.

Any help appreciated :)
By Craig S
Does anyone else want to fit the mesh themselves but are too scared to damage their pride and joy? :?

Or is that just me? :(

Anyone in Herts care to lend me a hand so that if it goes wrong, I can blame them?!!? 8)
By sims_delight
DJ Dunk wrote:Superb 'How To' :)

Does anyone have the exact measurements required for the mesh ?

Reason I ask is that I am having some extremely high quality stainless mesh that is very hard to cut and will therefore need to be pre-cut to size.

Any help appreciated :)
Measure the opening of lower grill and add around 3cms all the way round to enable you to add the adhesive. You may want to reduce the end extra cut if you use cable ties.
By sims_delight
Craig S wrote:Anyone in Herts care to lend me a hand so that if it goes wrong, I can blame them?!!? 8)
Believe me when I say that it's so easy to remove the bumper it's like putting petrol in the car!! :wink:
By Excaliber
The car actually looks better standard.
By SCOTTIECTR
Not with a burst radiator it won't!! :( :(
By Excaliber
it was designed like that standard. alas taking into consideration stone chips. if you use mesh the crome just looks cheap and tacky. spray paint it black first :wink:
By AdamBarber
Brilliant guide!

I've spent this afternoon with a screwdriver and this guide and have fitted the mesh - made it very easy, even for a nonce like me!!!

Having said that though, I haven't driven the car yet so the bumper may fall off as soon as I move the car!!! :lol:
By SR-71
2004TypeR wrote:Also refer to this post when fitting the mesh to an 04 CTR..

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/vie ... hp?t=22909

There is an issue with the horns because they are positioned very close to the opening where the mesh is installed!
I didnt have a problem with the horns for some bizarre reason..i did notice however that I had to unclip a lot of popper-clips includsing numerous screws and two bolts. See http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/vie ... highlight= for more details.
I actually found it harder to take off than put back on!
By Neily03
I'm thinking of meshing my bumper in a few weeks...

When you put it back on, does it go back exactly as it came off?? I don't want any strange gaps here and there cos its not lined up properly... :?
By Alanok
The bumper goes back exactly where you had it last as long as you put it back properly, no worries. So make sure when you are undoing the bumper that you take note where everything goes, that includes underneath.
By Neily03
Alanok wrote:The bumper goes back exactly where you had it last as long as you put it back properly, no worries. So make sure when you are undoing the bumper that you take note where everything goes, that includes underneath.
Ok, cheers! 8)
By Chunder
Hmm - anyone have any idea whether the bumper is fitted any differently on the 04?
(Especially with the way in which the fog lights are mounted.... looks rather tricky to get on and off...)
By Neily03
Chunder wrote:Hmm - anyone have any idea whether the bumper is fitted any differently on the 04?
(Especially with the way in which the fog lights are mounted.... looks rather tricky to get on and off...)
Here ya go... :wink:

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/vie ... light=mesh

Hope it helps. :)
By kr1b2
I have just done my 04 today. I looked at the radiator this morning , loads of dings so I thought I had better do it. Dont want a 4.5k engine bill. When I got the bumper of realised I had picked up the plastic mesh Doh!

I used twiglets guide which is great, just the 4 screws and the poppers, I took a few extra off by mistake.

I noticed there are two poppers different lengths so dont mix them up. When putting it back push it on and make sure everything underneath is where it should be . One of the flaps was in the wrong place, bumper back off.( its always the last f-in clip)

ITs all back together and looks as it did before.
By NorrieH
I used the black plastic mesh from halfords for mines and it looks better than the cheaper looking chrome stuff also my car is silver and i dont think it looks right with the chrome mesh.
By Dave.K
Am I missing somthing, I have removed all the fixings in the instructions and I just cant get it to move. Did anyone else have this problem it seems like its still fastened somewhere. :oops:
By R20190
have you removed the bolts/screws in the wheel arches and underneath the front lip? also, theres some little hooks that hold the bumper in place on the sides/wings... you'll have to GENTLY lever it out... DON'T force it out... or the bumper may buckle!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]