The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By gonzo
BraN wrote:
gonzo wrote:
And Me (Thanx to Taz!) :lol: :lol:

Works a treat! :lol: :lol:

http://gallery.themspros.com/view_photo ... VTEC_Light
Looks really nice Gonzo. where did you get that little LED cover-surround bit from?

I'm a design teacher so have access to little bits like that! If you go into Halfords then they will sell a 12v flashing LED with surround which will do the job perfectly! Think its abt £4 and you won't need to mess around with attaching resistors as it's designed for car use! :lol:
By Entei
really like the idea of a little something in the dashboard saying vtec when engaged :D very knight rider style ; )))
By Paul-CTR
I really like this vtec light thing but is it possible to change it into a shift up light?
By JPS3290
gonzo wrote:
BraN wrote:
gonzo wrote:
And Me (Thanx to Taz!) :lol: :lol:

Works a treat! :lol: :lol:

http://gallery.themspros.com/view_photo ... VTEC_Light
Looks really nice Gonzo. where did you get that little LED cover-surround bit from?

I'm a design teacher so have access to little bits like that! If you go into Halfords then they will sell a 12v flashing LED with surround which will do the job perfectly! Think its abt £4 and you won't need to mess around with attaching resistors as it's designed for car use! :lol:
HOW MUCH!?? :shock: :shock:

I paid about 0.70p for a flashing LED and the surround from Maplin ;) :)
By Matt_D
Has anyone put the LED somewhere else than where Gonzo and TazR has theirs ??

I'm buying all the bits to do this 2moro but how i sit whilst driving i won't be able to see the LED (as the steering wheels in the way) if i put it where Gonzo and TazR has theirs, i was thinking somewhere near eye level in the A pillar or in the dash clock surround.
Anyone got any suggestions ??
By anth-s
Just fitted one of these. I put mine in the centre fascia in between the cig lighter and the hazzard light switches. The only the thing to watch out for is theres a bracket type thing behind the fascia with a couple of small holes in it. If you fiddle around a bit you can feed the wires through one of the holes so the little leads on the LED don't get squashed. Thought i'd squashed mine as it didn't work on my first attemt, so fitted a new LED, then after double checking, i realised that the tap splice on the V-TEC wire on the ECU hadn't quite gone through. It works fine now with a high power flashing red LED. Now i know i can do it i might change the LED for a different colour-you can get some nice piercing blue or green ones. :wink:
Thanks to Taz for this simple but effective little mod :D
Anth
By SuperFLY
can anyone answer this for me..

why is the resistor needed?

i wont be using an led, but a 12v warning light so i was just wondering if the resister is needed for me?

ta
By gonzo
SuperFLY wrote:can anyone answer this for me..

why is the resistor needed?

i wont be using an led, but a 12v warning light so i was just wondering if the resister is needed for me?

ta
The resistor protects the LED, as your not using an LED you'll not need the resistor
By SuperFLY
just what i thought :)

cheers
By Trung
I've done mine last night using a simple flashing blue LED.
By Dofty
The other wire you need to find is a suitable ground
umm yeah? lol.... that part of the fitting not get any guidence? :(
By jimmyep3
i think i'm going try this on my Si!!!! good pics and writeup!!!!

what size resistor will i need? i have a few led's sitting around the house but i aslo have a bunch of resistors. anyone have an ohm value of resistance that i need?
By dave11674
hey tazr
the led aint working what you put in the car now
lol
may b due to the supercharger u had fitted eh :P

dave
By JDJ
This looks wicked! Would it work on a Sport model, It has Vtec...?
By abz123
anyone fitted one of these by the clocks. im thinking of havin mine in the clocks. is it hard to fit there? any complications?
By pyn888
abz123 wrote:anyone fitted one of these by the clocks. im thinking of havin mine in the clocks. is it hard to fit there? any complications?

if u mean by the speedometer and rev counter then yes someone onhere has done it b4 but cant rememeber who :(
By speedy36
Rickhonda is selling these on fleabay and he is also offering a fitting service which is a good price seeing as he has put the LED in your speedo cluster :thumbup:
Looks the bizz and am off to get one next year :santa:
By abz123
rickhonda was no help to me i brought of him n he didnt wana no afterwards when i asked him for info on fitting these next to clocks but i managed to sort it out myself
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]