The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By sendai
fitted mine today. first I wanted to use these holes (one is for control cruising, not present in the CTR) but they are totally black so the light won't pass.
I could drill a hole there, but I don't wanted to remove the needles because is risky....

so I put the led here:

By acidstrato
i wired mine today however its not lighting

i bought a flashing led from halfords its already wired so can only assume there is a resistor insider the casing. i wrapped the black wire around a bolt next to the footrest is this sufficient for an earth or is this letting it down do you think?
By speedy36
:scratch:

You need to speak to RickHonda mate as he is the guru behind this.

cheers
:salut:
By sendai
acidstrato wrote:i wired mine today however its not lighting

i bought a flashing led from halfords its already wired so can only assume there is a resistor insider the casing. i wrapped the black wire around a bolt next to the footrest is this sufficient for an earth or is this letting it down do you think?
it'a all here in this post. remember to put the LED right and use a fuse just in case.

for ground you can use this (behind the gloove box)

By acidstrato
nice one sendai going try that now

fingers crossed
By CWBear
Maplin do a Bi Colour LED

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?cri ... 15&menu=-2

I was thinking of hooking one up to indicate when vtec is activated but then to change colour to indicate when I need to up shift. I'm assuming I can splice onto the wire which delivers current to the existing rev display clock? Does anyone know relationship between amperage to the display and revs for the CTR? (save me measuring it).

I'm going breadboard this circuit which I found on the net and play about with the control voltages. Hopefully if I use the correct value resistors (R1 and R2) I can have V+ terminal connecting to the green and yellow vtec wire shown in the original post and the control (in the diagram) would be the existing rev counter input (obv gnd being gnd).

It follows in my head but can anyone with the knowledge confirm or deny this? Would I need to rethink this diagram adding in a relay to trigger the input of the control voltage?

Go easy, I'm a newbie :wink:
By nath4speed
need help...

...bit of a spaz when it comes to anything like this.
basically ive followed all the instructions, fitted l.e.d, wire around to passenger footwell, spiled red wire with yellow/green, black wire to where previous picture shows.

HOWEVER, now heres the catch.

it doesnt work.

help? :-D
By 5t3v3-0
does anyone still sell these on here and is there a guide with pictures as the 1st page pics dont work anymore

cheers steve-o
By flukester
im going have a bash at this in next few day.... i'm lucky enough to have a unlimited selection of some nifty leds in little pods that will stick to dash (sell them for a living)

i'll post some photos up, might go for red as white light might be abit crazy
By 5t3v3-0
yea im thinking of giving it ago as well its a cheap mod thats worth ago and wahts the worst that could happen :???: lol
By Tomcosmic
Seen asthough the previous owner had drilled a hole into the blanking plate next to the electric mirror adjusters I decided to fit one of these to fill the hole as I had an led and wiring spare in my garage.
I didnt use a resistor with my led but it works a treat.
If anyone is unsure how to fit it drop me a pm and ill help out.

Tom.
By Dean_S
Very easy to do this. I did this today myself. I should be able put together a kit for this with 80% assembled together already. Due to me working for a cable assembly company. If anyone is interested, just pm me. If I get enough interest I will look into it and get a price. Will be cheaper than halfords prices.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]