The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By lewisy
Has someone got a copy of the video ?? Please let me know,

Many Thanks, lewis
By daniel
I used this guide again for the seond time to remove my Alpine HU and replace with original CTR HU as I had sold my CTR, and it took me 25 minutes from start to finish.

Piece of pish :D :D
By Gaz_TypeR
I used this on Saturday and once I had done it the first time it was easy from there on!

(Had to do it twice as I forgot to plug in the socket that controls the air system :oops: )

Gaz :D
By James_N
ive just tried to get my dash out to fit a honda sat nav, the bottom bit wont budge and im afriad of scratching it, so im off to a dealer later to see if they will do it for me :oops:
By Epiphany
daniel wrote:Installed my Alpine CDA-9831R today using these instructions.

It honestly took me about 45-60 minutes, and the instructions were that easy to follow even a kid could do it. :D

For anyone buying the ISO adaptor from Halfrauds, the code is PC2-68-4 -for Honda Accord 99>. (Not the PC2-09-4 for Honda Civic)
In the halfords reference booklet in the shop the code for the type-r is the civic fascia :?

Whats different with the accord one?
By mikey j
Twiglet wrote:Nice vid ...

Here's my pics for the same job: Replacing CTR Audio HU
I ve a two to one aux lead to play my i-pod before I think of doing this does the standard head unit have the red and white plug ins in the back to have an auxillery device set up?
By davemyster
Iv had difficulty removing the old HU but thanx to finging this site my life has became easier (thanx for the pictures Twiglet). I wish i could of seen the video, but i guess thats long gone now. Anyway i better be off to install my new bluetooth HU now! :lol:
By Chapowski
Hello all, first post an all that.

I've just got a 2005 CTR and I loves it. When I bought the car, it came with the Honda factory head unit, and directly underneath there is a Honda factory 6-disc CD changer.

Now, I want to put in my old Sony MP3 head unit, and I'm having trouble. Firstly, I've ordered the Honda to ISO wiring harness, and also an Autoleads fascia adaptor (the one with the tray underneath). I want to know if I can get the Honda changer to work with the aftermarket Sony unit, therefore removing the need for the facsia, and also, if I change the factory HU will I lose the keyless entry lights?

I've had a couple of goes trying to remove the dash away from the gear lever area but I just can't seem to get it to come away. I don't want the thing to snap, so has anyone got any tips or the video they could send me?

Cheers
By vtecsticle
For the benefit of the newbies can someone kindly put it on YouTube :D
By limited edition
vtecsticle wrote:For the benefit of the newbies can someone kindly put it on YouTube :D
good idea!!!!!!!!!!! i need this vid too! pm if you have it please!!! :o
By Liam Type-R
you honestly just need to get stuck into it, it is so easy!!! One you start takin it apart you can see how it goes!!
By davey1970
check out: how to fit an ice install for removing your head unit.

good pics and instructions.
By Ashman3000
This thread seems a bit redundant now as all the links are no longer working :cry: Anyone care to put up some links to pics and a guide
By gsm
Likewise, I tried to pull the fascia out yesterday but only got as far as unclipping the bottom silver panel. Got the bottom clips out no problem but the top part is tight as hell and I can see the fascia bending at one point. In fact on the left side the plastic has already become distorted and I'm afraid to pull any more.

Any tips?
By Ashman3000
I had a go at this the other weekend :D

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10561

Thats the one I used and its great :smile:

As for the fascia youre trying to get out, mine did start to bend and then it poped out.. Try getting your fingers as near to where it clips as possible, that way your putting pressure from behind and it shouldnt bend as much..

Hope this helps
By aleung2
Hi all,

The link doesn't work no more. I'm thinking of changing my head unit etc but not sure how to take old one out. There seems to be no holes for keys or anything.

Has anyone got more instructions and another diagram/pictures?

Cheers.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]