The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

hey twiglet,
i m a new ctr owner living in leigh on sea, and am stuck with a lovely sony headunit i cant use!!!!!!!!!! any chance of a hand removing the old one, bit cheeky i know but i figure thats what this sites all about!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i m contactable o
By Simon D
I have bought my after market head unit which is not the same shape as the standard one, i know you can buy the surounds for the dash to make it fit, but does any one know where it is best to get one and a contact if possible!?
Cheers 8)
By Ben 02CTR
Cheers Jon C, twiglet & err... fingery

Have been thinking about adding an aux in to my CTR HU for ages, but had no clue where to start...

:thumbup:
By Jon C
Due to a request from someone at Ephatch this video has been removed, apparently someone removed the Ephatch copyright from the video and if I didn't remove it action would be taken. :roll:
By RobL
anyone got a copy of the vid they could mail me?? pics are good but its nice to see how its all done! :lol:
By Dynax
Used this today to remove the standard Honda civic + 6cd in dash cd-changer and replace it with a CDX-R3300.

Instructions were spot on and it all looks excellent! Sounds good too! :D
By Nik-Borton
Dynax wrote:CDX-R3300
I only figured out on Friday that you turn the annoying demo 'feature' of that Sony head unit off by turning it off, holding down 'sel' and pressing '4' :). I couldn't find a list of that sort of command in the manual :oops:. Now I have a clock even when I'm listening to the engine, hurrah!
By philF
should this post be removed from sticky as the video is not there anymore?
By rude-e
Has anyone done the stereo-removal on a MY05? Because the air-flow selection button and the air-teperature button both have "pulling-cables" attached to them that lead to the sides?
By EP82
anyone got a vid they can mail me?
Or can someone explain it to me?
Thanks
By GreaseLightning
EP82 wrote:anyone got a vid they can mail me?
Or can someone explain it to me?
Thanks
Me 2. I'll be really reluctant to allow anyone else to touch my CTR and I know that normally chaning a headunit isn't rocket science. Triglet's link only brought up text, no pictures and I can't get the vid anymore so any instruction would be greatly appreciated :)
By GreaseLightning
The headunit tutorial looks good. Thanks for that. Hopefulyl I won't have to let the crooks at Halfords anywhere near :P Apologies to any hard working Halfords employees btw :)
By Matt_D
Done mine today, bit of a barsteward to do but worth it for the improvement in sound alone
By daniel
Installed my Alpine CDA-9831R today using these instructions.

It honestly took me about 45-60 minutes, and the instructions were that easy to follow even a kid could do it. :D

For anyone buying the ISO adaptor from Halfrauds, the code is PC2-68-4 -for Honda Accord 99>. (Not the PC2-09-4 for Honda Civic)
By cracker
Just thought i would post and say that if anyone is feeling dubious (as i was!) about taking out their entire centre console to fit a head unit, then theres really no need to be

It is actually very simple to do as has been said before. It's much more daunting thinking about it beforehand than actually doing it, once you get going it's surprisingly easy and all becomes very clear how it fits together

Im not the most technical person in the world, but i followed the instructions and it was fine

Just remember to TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Look at every section before you start pulling it about to get a better idea of how it clips in etc, and then go VERY slowly so as not to damage the plastic panels, clips, or console fascia itself. I found the plastic gear-lever surround to be the worst part, as the plastic feels rather thin and i was very scared of splitting it, but just take your time and apply firm even pressure from the back of the panel and it should pop out no problems

I've now got my Sony MD headunit in, so many many thanks to the authors of the stereo removal documents!! :D :yippee:

Next job... new front speakers! :)
By froggin
rude-e wrote:Has anyone done the stereo-removal on a MY05? Because the air-flow selection button and the air-teperature button both have "pulling-cables" attached to them that lead to the sides?
I think this is one mayor difference compared for the edm to the ukdm. You can pull the vent hole selection cable loose behind the glovebox. The temp selection cable is located against the center console near the drivers feet. You do have to remove the fusecover.... I didn't knew this and ended up being busy for 5 hours.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]