The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By cressie
Just fitted an S2000 starter button using the instructions that TazR put up, took me 1 1/2 hours. Put it where the climate control sensor should be and it looks great :D . (took a bit of time with the dremmel sander but worth it), Has to be the best place as you can see it all the time through the steering wheel.
Im well happy with myself as i have never tackled electrics B4.
The instructions are bang on, I didunt get stuck once.
I got the starter button kit from a guy off Ebay came next day with all wires and relay etc payed £54.99 inc p&p, dont know if this is the going rate Im not too bothered as Im so pleased with the result.

Once again thanks tazR great instructions.
By RE54
i got mine, with the relay, and fitted inplace of the hazards.

i didnt strip the starter wire back, just wedged the wire into it, and it works fine.

so simple, would take me a max of 30mins next time...its not hard, well worth doing.
By mikey j
BadBoy wrote:Thinking about it you don't really need the relay as the swith will only send out power when pushed in.

Yes, it does light up.
it does `nt light up does it?
By Mark43
mikey j wrote:
BadBoy wrote:Thinking about it you don't really need the relay as the swith will only send out power when pushed in.

Yes, it does light up.
it does `nt light up does it?
It does :lol:
By mikey j
:? does it !! which bit ? and what colour
By Nobbys Nuts
Got my starter button on the way.
Was initially going to have it where the hazard switch currently is and move the hazard across to where the ciggy lighter is and have the ciggy lighter in the glove box for when it is needed.

Having looked through the threads this appears quite a big job so am shying away from this idea now.

Really would prefer the starter button on the dash (drivers side) which seems simple enough as in the How to. How easy would it be to mount the hazard switch in the climate control panel by the steering wheel? anyone done this? Pics? Any problems encountered?
By paul.goffin
mikey j wrote::? does it !! which bit ? and what colour
The words "ENGINE START" light up Red,

Mine seems very dim, you will only notice in complete Darkness. Is this right?
By Howard
paul,

yes it should light up - and no it is not that bright

definitely not visible in daylight

regards

howard
By 7EON
hi :D

When trying to fit the actual button in the cig lighter, do I try to fit it from behind the console and out.. or from the outside in? (I realise I have to make the hole bigger and the plastic tabs shaved off on the button body)

Thanks! :oops:

Leon
By flateric
Hi,

I've recently bought a S2000 Starter Button Kit from eBay and I would like to fit it like this one in the picture:

1st question: How do I reach the ignition cables? Removing the surroundings under the steering wheel? Does anyone have pictures of this area?

2nd question: Where can I buy the carbon fiber surrounding like the one in the picture? I don't think I can find thoes here in Portugal! :(

Thanks in advance! ;)
By 7EON
wohoo I just fitted mine 5 mins ago 8)

To get to the ignition wire (thick black and white wire going to a brown plug) you undo the steering wheel low cover. This is held in place by three screws (in a triangle shape when u are down on the footwell looking up) and poppets that u just tug on the sides.

Someone on this site sells the carbon surrounds for less than a tenner IIRC, not sure who though. Hope this helps :smile:
By flateric
Thanks... I'll contact him! :)
By flateric
Haven't started installing the s2000 starter button yet, but I'm trying to obtain the most information I can so that when I start the job I don't have any doubt. :P

Knowing what are the correct ignition wires, how do I connect the starter button wires to those? Should I use something specific to join the wires or can I fit the starter button wires easily in the ignition ones? Maybe things will become clear when I remove the low cover of the steering wheel... I don't know! I'm a newbie in car electronics! :roll:

Thanks in advance and sorry for the english! ;)
By 7EON
Go to the first page and download the How To mate, it's all explained there to be honest. You connect the wire coming from pin 87 on the relay to the ignition (starter wire) which is a thick black/white one under the steering wheel. I used a scotch lock, some people have soldered, others just crimped the wires together and taped it up. Just make sure you have a decent connection. I've had my starter button in 2 days now and loving it :D Showed it to my gf and her friends and they were very impressed LOL :P
By flateric
7EON wrote:[...] I used a scotch lock, some people have soldered, others just crimped the wires together and taped it up. [...]
This is what I wanted to know about! :) In the weekend I'll try to install mine... Will post some pictures later! :D
By dandemoraliser
Two questions....

1) Does this work invalidate the warranty?

2) Anyone know if honda will fit this?

Probably guess not particularly confident with electrics!

Cheers
By flateric
I don't know about the warranty, but I guess it won't invalidate it!

I'm not confident with electrics too, but I'll try to install the button this weekend! ;)
By dandemoraliser
[quote="flateric"]I don't know about the warranty, but I guess it won't invalidate it!

I'm not confident with electrics too, but I'll try to install the button this weekend! ;)[/quote]

Keep me informed.....really nice "civilised" mod! fancy doin it but seeing as i only have a year left on warranty not going jepordise that for my wimsical (spelling???) needs!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]