The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By BadBoy
Is there anyway of automatically cutting the feed to the starter switch once the engine has started?
By woolz
i really like this idea, but where else could i put it>?? becasue i use the cigi lighter for my phone charger!!
By neo
I got the starter button in mine!
But one thing i'm sure is that the relay isn't required!! it works without it fine and with less wiring!
By woolz
is this right??? what does the relay do then? why fit it?
By woolz
please someone fit it 4 me lol! ooo and also.. does it light up?
By BadBoy
Thinking about it you don't really need the relay as the swith will only send out power when pushed in.

Yes, it does light up.
By Dirtyhabits
So how much is the start button from Honda
By woolz
just ova £50 quid dude!
By Dirtyhabits
woolz wrote:just ova £50 quid dude!
Thank you M8t .... i am on the way to honda
By woolz
could someone plzzzzz do the diagram without the relay in it!! plzzz
By BadBoy
Basically just connect the positive and negative feeds from the ciggi lighter to your switch and then the output goes to the ignition wire bypassing the relay.
By woolz
where abouts will i pick up the ignition wire from?
By oompaloompab0i
i was trying to put it into my car today but i am using a relay (because the wires, if used without a relay, will burn out soon, if you keep sending 30 amp through it with each press everyday). yet the relay i found has only 4 prongs opposed to the 5 prongs in the diagram of that link. what do i do? also in diagram, tehre is like an 86,87 and other numbers that complement each prong, does it really matter whcih one is for which? thanks
By type r daddy
who is the guy who fitted the button in a different place???next to the stearing wheel, can anyone find the pics? cant find them
By BadBoy
type r daddy wrote:who is the guy who fitted the button in a different place???next to the stearing wheel, can anyone find the pics? cant find them
It was me :)
By Den
Does the button light up when just using the 3 wires into the actual button or is that what the other 2 wires that do this?

Cheers

Den
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]