The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By dandemoraliser
bruce shiels wrote:does composite guru still make the carbon surrounds for fitting next to steering wheel as i need one
thanks
bruce
Send him a pm mate, he does still frequent these parts when not F1'ing at the weekends!
By john boy
Ive had a s2000 honda start button laying around for a few months so as i had a week off from work this week decided to have a go at fitting it (big thanks to taz as i used his instructions)

And it all works fine!!

Cheers.. :salut:
By Jamezj7
dont know if this has been answered,

surely you need to put the key in and turn the ignition to disable the alarm or what ever, and then normally another turn to start the car,

what would be the point of a push button start, its just something extra you have to do to start the car????
By pb15
i installed a S2000 starter tonight, really easy, working fine, only problem is once the cars started theres still a current to the button allowing the starter to be turned again!

has anyone found a way to cut power to the button once the engine has been started?
By Boxxy
Can't wait to fit mine when I get my EP3 :D
By gazhill81
Is there anyone who can do this for me in the manchester area for a few quid???

:smile:
By dave7368
gazhill81 wrote:Is there anyone who can do this for me in the manchester area for a few quid???

:smile:

Bring it to Bournemouth, i'll do it for ya :-D :-D
By RoSs-K20
Printed this install guide out will defo come in handy :thumbup: thanks Taz
By Zeberdee
If anyone is in Northwest (morecambe/Lancaster area) then i need ya! Had a mare with this button today, got it off eBay like a few others have. Followed the blokes guide perfectly, turned key, pressed button= Jack all!
So I followed Taz's guide (which is different), an still nothing.

The guy I bought it off hasn't got the foggiest why it's not working, which is great :bad-words:

If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.
By RE54
i fitted one of these, and it was so useful, looked the nuts, and really blended in with the car.

the main reason i liked it, was when starting the car, it didnt cause the headunit to restart, and have to load up again. which is a minor thing, but my headunit took forever to load.

easy to fit, and easy to remove, will be fitted one to my new car :)
By FlexrRay
Guys, i havent wired my button up yet as im seeing a few issues from the insturctions...

it says

INSTALLATION
Using 27amp wire (Red, Black & Blue) and Female Spade Connectors.

Terminal 30: 12v Positive. Come off of the existing cigarette lighter cable.
Terminal 85: Ground, As above come off of the existing cigarette lighter cable.
Terminal 86: Trigger source. Start Signal from switch (Pin 1).
Terminal 87: To Starter Wire (Black/White).

This means your using the cigarette lighter wires to flow current through and start the engine?!?!? regardless if you use 27amp wire or not...the cigarette lighter wiring is still only about 0.2mm....

Would it not be a better idea to use the cigarette lighter wiring to power the button (as this will be low current) then T into the wiring on the ignition barrel (which means the wiring is 3/4mm i think?!?) and use that to flow through the relay?

On the relay

T30 should come from an ignition live from the ignition barrel (27amp wire)
T85 should come from a ground source which could be the lighter ground
T86 can come from the engine start switch, 27amp wire surely isnt required here?
T87 should be 27amp wire going to balck/white starter wire on barrel

Let me know what you guys think?!?!?

Craig

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]