The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By Broccers
Hi

Riflez has just just asked me a question about the inside of my lamps turning brown - I'd noticed it the other day and thought I'd blown a bulb but its on the other side too.

Spoke to Honda, seems the middle of the light cant cope with the heat.
Mine will be taken out this weekend for the rest of summer at least.

NB New Headlamp Units are 150 quid.

Sorry to those I recommended these to.

Simon.
By nrvus
:shock: :shock: :shock:
By Broccers
Theres no obvious damage apart from the browning colour - should be ok to keep on using them but I'd thought I'd point out that they do affect your lamps in more ways than one :wink:
By stu_allen
I take it these are a higher wattage than std then Simon?
By TazR
stu_allen wrote:I take it these are a higher wattage than std then Simon?
100/80w.
By JPS3290
Strange because i put these bulbs in not long after getting the CTR since i had them from my previous car and ive not had any browning? :?

I try to make sure i never have them on full beam unless im actually moving so at least a cool stream of air hopefully cools the unit. Also try not to even leave them on normal beam while standing still unless really necessary.
By Riflez
I dont know when they started turning brown but they have been on the car for a year now
By Broccers
Latest news - I didnt get round to changing them but noticed the lhs bulb has now blown. Keep an eye on them people.
By Paul-CTR
Ive had two sportzblue bulbs blow on a friends CTR this was after taking them off my car due to the apparanent 'browning' of the lamps which worried me. I've also had a hyperwhitez bulb blow, LHS one. Im now currently back on a new set of sportzblues and if these blue again i will be buying the PIAAs.
By JPS3290
My first set i had on my previous car for 2 years and then transferred them to the CTR and then one popper after about 4 months but i put that down to normal wear and tear.

Got a new set for £15 and kept the old one as a spare. Im happy with them,nor browning or anything yet. Now been on 9 month.
By scoop
I've had a set of PIAA Extreme White's in for 6 months now with no side-effects; bit expensive though.

scoop
By Riflez
My sportzblue are now gone...one went pop after going visibly very blue beforehand

PIAA here i come as the Type-R bulbs from speeding.co.uk were utter shite

I would like to add that Mal from Speeding was very sympathetic and has offered a full refund and a set of Philips Vision Plus free of charge
By NorrieH
My bulbs have now caused the drivers side to go brown and the left one is starting to head that way so i have now removed them both and am looking for new ones though i have no idea wot bulb to go for as there is so many to choose from. My sportzblue have only been on the car for around 2 months.
By LeeH
Anybody tried these in the Face lift??
By CosmicPag
LeeH wrote:Anybody tried these in the Face lift??
I dont think anybody'd dare lee :lol:
By LeeH
CosmicPag wrote:
LeeH wrote:Anybody tried these in the Face lift??
I dont think anybody'd dare lee :lol:
:lol: I have waited a year for that reply
By LeeH
DC5 mate, we have more aggressive cams as stock and better compression irc. Also BC header, BC catcack, GM, RBC, KPRO blah blah.

There are a few of them doing over 270 with Toda A2's and 3's. :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]