The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By N77
I used to have one fitted and they were good, but that depends on how much you pay for it.

I sold it when I was going to sell the car but had a change of mind and kept the car for a while longer and got a Neuspeed one, or basically a Tegiwa these days.

This was just as good apart from the distance to the 2nd 3rd/4th 5th was a fraction more but for the price of these I don't think it warranted the extra. Plus the Buddy club was a pain to fit.

Perhaps a combination of the 2 might be worth trying if the Tegiwa fits the Buddy club which it should.
I currently have the Tegiwa version on mine, along with solid stainless base bushings and titanium shift bushings, weighted type r shift knob...and I love it! Super precise shifts! I wouldn't have it any other way!
By Adi-R
I had one last year and it fell apart.

I now have a combination of Tegiwa shortshifter which shortens the up/down throw and the MTEC shortshifter which shortens the side to side and also replaces the plastic ball with an metal ball, getting rid of the slop. BEST Combo EVER!
By Rambo
Adi-R wrote:I had one last year and it fell apart.

I now have a combination of Tegiwa shortshifter which shortens the up/down throw and the MTEC shortshifter which shortens the side to side and also replaces the plastic ball with an metal ball, getting rid of the slop. BEST Combo EVER!
Mtec shifter? Where does one find this magic?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]