The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By 15repyt
R'ash wrote:^ Exactly, no middle seatblet so whats point??
foolserrand1985 wrote:No.

Only rated for 4 occupants

Some cars logbooks come with seated people 4 and some come with nothing on.

If you add a 3rd seatbelt which the person may have done and like I have, you can write off to the dvla include pictures and they will change your log book for free to 5 people seated. The insurance are fine with adding a 3x3 lap belt because it's not classed as a modification.

Hope this clears things up.
By lukeyboi89
am i right in thinking that the civic type s or standard one came with 5 seats?

if so why would they remove it for the type r?

and have you got a how to on installing the 3rd belt etc as this would be quite handy!!!

cheers
By 15repyt
mjhamilton wrote:Rear suspension was never designed for 3 in the back
Really? This topic has come up many times! Vosa don't seem to have a problem with it nor do my insurance. I have passed 2 mots with them in and been carrying 3 people on and off in 2 years without my suspension collapsing :lol:
By 15repyt
lukeyboi89 wrote:am i right in thinking that the civic type s or standard one came with 5 seats?

and have you got a how to on installing the 3rd belt etc as this would be quite handy!!!

cheers
Yes mate the sport came with 5 seats in total standard from the factory. You need to buy yourself the rear seat that your back goes against from a sport or similar, but make sure you get the additional seat belt stalks with it.

Fitting is so easy when you get them give me a pm and I will talk you through it step by step.
By lukeyboi89
15repyt wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:Rear suspension was never designed for 3 in the back
Really? This topic has come up many times! Vosa don't seem to have a problem with it nor do my insurance. I have passed 2 mots with them in and been carrying 3 people on and off in 2 years without my suspension collapsing :lol:
ye i dont get that, surely having a heavy weight in your boot would put a similar strain on the suspension as having an extra passnger?
By lukeyboi89
15repyt wrote:
lukeyboi89 wrote:am i right in thinking that the civic type s or standard one came with 5 seats?

cheers
Yes mate the sport came with 5 seats in total standard from the factory. You need to buy yourself the rear seat that your back goes against from a sport or similar, but make sure you get the additional seat belt stalks with it.

Fitting is so easy when you get them give me a pm and I will talk you through it step by step.
cheers for that,

would it not be possible to keep the rear seat back as it is? as it would only be used for short journeys anyway

also is there any drilling or such wok required to attach the seat belt stalks?
By 15repyt
lukeyboi89 wrote:
15repyt wrote:

cheers

cheers for that,

would it not be possible to keep the rear seat back as it is? as it would only be used for short journeys anyway

also is there any drilling or such wok required to attach the seat belt stalks?
Nope no drilling required just unbolt and bolt up to 35nm easy as that. No you can't keep the rear seat back in because the 3rd seat belt is in the rear seat back.
By lukeyboi89
Lewisgame wrote:4 seater and zero towing weight for the same reason. Reduce strain on the rear suspension and drivetrain
i understand the towing aspect at that is attached to the car and induces all different kind of torsion forces etc..

but having an extra weight in the back surely cant be that different to having the weight in the boot? and the drivetrain comment isnt relevant here as it wont affect that any differently than having 4 passengers and a boot full of crap!
By 15repyt
Like I said I have been doing it for 2 years or more and my drivetrain is perfect and my rear arms are in one piece.

So what if someone weighs 20 stone that you carry in your car could they not go in it? I could carry more in my boot for 3 weeks than one passenger weighs in the back seat.

People like to speculate and try to help but really they don't know much.
By lukeyboi89
15repyt wrote:Like I said I have been doing it for 2 years or more and my drivetrain is perfect and my rear arms are in one piece.

So what if someone weighs 20 stone that you carry in your car could they not go in it? I could carry more in my boot for 3 weeks than one passenger weighs in the back seat.

thats exactly the point i was trying to make!

if it was genuinely a structural issue surely they would of handed an extreme luggage carrying capacity warning, oh and no stuff on roof rack etc?

on the hunt for a rear seat now!
By 15repyt
lukeyboi89 wrote:
15repyt wrote:Like I said I have been doing it for 2 years or more and my drivetrain is perfect and my rear arms are in one piece.

if it was genuinely a structural issue surely they would of handed an extreme luggage carrying capacity warning, oh and no stuff on roof rack etc?

Try this one mate loads on the bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-S ... 19f223abf6
By Lewisgame
lukeyboi89 wrote:

In the hand book it says the maximum loading weight is stamped on the chassis number plate.
By mjhamilton

well if YOU have been doing it for 2 year then it must be ok then

.... Seems you know better that honda - I would imagine any accident may make a mess of the Middle rear passenger as NO consideration was taken for this person during the design of the car (show me a technical document for the EP3 that says otherwise)

But of course you are a perfect driver and won't have an accident anyway :lol:

Max car loading is 4 adults plus luggage in the boot - of course the chances of putting 5 adults and luggage is remote but if you did then you would overload the car - cars have a maximum loading level and to drive above this is not legal - but now you are going to tell us that you won't do this anyway so it is irrelevant

In life you can do anything you like - you can sugar coat it and make all the excuses you like but it still doesn't make it right
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]