The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
TEGIWA IMPORTS wrote:Ours does include the bolts. Tbh it would be only £90 without these.

I'll run through the pricing later and simplify the numbers, I'd say you have a 40% chance of getting it cheaper.

With exchanges and postage system he told me it would equate to about £86 I do believe your pricing is way too high on this IMO.
This is the ebay RBC seller. We need to have a guinea pig and see what the final costs will be with vat and duty included. I am doing £80 shipped to the UK for those interested. Message me on ebay for the paypal address.

Here's the catch though. I can only do 1-2 per week since the shipping cost from Honda to me does not cost me anything with just 1-2 per week. On a weekly basis I order a large shipment of RBC manifolds from Honda. In that same package, Honda can drop in smaller items and I don't incur additional costs. In essence, I don't pay shipping charges for RBC covers to me, so long as I only add in 1-2/order.

I don't forsee selling more than 1-2 per week, but if I get bombarded by RBC cover orders, then it either pushes out when I can get one for each customer at that price, OR the price will have to go up. So, 1-2 orders per week only please.

Lastly, I don't stock these. When someone needs one, I contact Honda and have them throw a cover in with the current package of RBCs coming in to me. So, it takes a week before I ship.

Other note: Yes, the RBC cover comes with all the bolts and nuts needed, just as the ebay listing shows. £80 shipped total at the current exchange rate.
GST2RSX-S wrote:This is the ebay RBC seller. We need to have a guinea pig and see what the final costs will be with vat and duty included. I am doing £80 shipped to the UK for those interested. Message me on ebay for the paypal address.

Here's the catch though. I can only do 1-2 per week since the shipping cost from Honda to me does not cost me anything with just 1-2 per week. On a weekly basis I order a large shipment of RBC manifolds from Honda. In that same package, Honda can drop in smaller items and I don't incur additional costs. In essence, I don't pay shipping charges for RBC covers to me, so long as I only add in 1-2/order.

I don't forsee selling more than 1-2 per week, but if I get bombarded by RBC cover orders, then it either pushes out when I can get one for each customer at that price, OR the price will have to go up. So, 1-2 orders per week only please.

Lastly, I don't stock these. When someone needs one, I contact Honda and have them throw a cover in with the current package of RBCs coming in to me. So, it takes a week before I ship.

Other note: Yes, the RBC cover comes with all the bolts and nuts needed, just as the ebay listing shows. £80 shipped total at the current exchange rate.

Already know this mate we contacted him last week.
cosmicmarc wrote:
GST2RSX-S wrote:This is the ebay RBC seller. We need to have a guinea pig and see what the final costs will be with vat and duty included. I am doing £80 shipped to the UK for those interested. Message me on ebay for the paypal address.

Again, I am the ebay RBC seller. One of you guys passed me the link through ebay, and here I am now. That wasn't a repost, that was me, the actual ebay seller.

You're so silly "mate." :bumsmack:
cosmicmarc wrote:
TEGIWA IMPORTS wrote:Not bothering with vat and duty? It's not really something you have a say over.

Seriously right I'm not buying the cover off you guys I know how much it will cost me that's all I need to know so please bore off now your not getting my £100
Srsly, I'm just trying to let you know that the price you pay the eBay guy is not necessarily the price it will end up costing you. I really don't care either way!

Good luck, you might slip the net!
By *nub*

I doubt you'll be bombarded either but afaik these covers have not really been readily accessible for years until 2 weeks ago via Tegiwa so I would expect in the long run quite a few would be interested in these. obviously not everyone will be interested as £80 is still a fair amout for a piece of plastic but for your perfectionists and people who want a clean/stock looking engine bay this might appeal to them. A few successful shipments (avoiding customs etc :smile: ) at that £80 delivered would probably encourage others if you can truly do that price I think it's a fair and worthwile saving over Tegiwa. Tegiwa will continue to sell theirs at £100 and good luck to them ;)

I would suggest you making a new topic in the CTR items for sale section with the information you listed above, with some good pics etc. Even if you don't sell any there's nothing to lose! I will personally send anyone seeking the cover in the direction of the thread and will most likely buy one myself at some point. Once word gets around you might sell even more. Might wanna let us know if there are any other things such as the RBC itself that you think you can do a good price on, they sell for £250 here IIRC
GST2RSX-S wrote:
cosmicmarc wrote:

Again, I am the ebay RBC seller. One of you guys passed me the link through ebay, and here I am now. That wasn't a repost, that was me, the actual ebay seller.

You're so silly "mate." :bumsmack:
Haha sound mate nice to see you on here
*nub* wrote:

I doubt you'll be bombarded either but afaik these covers have not really been readily accessible for years until 2 weeks ago via Tegiwa so I would expect in the long run quite a few would be interested in these. obviously not everyone will be interested as £80 is still a fair amout for a piece of plastic but for your perfectionists and people who want a clean/stock looking engine bay this might appeal to them. A few successful shipments (avoiding customs etc :smile: ) at that £80 delivered would probably encourage others if you can truly do that price I think it's a fair and worthwile saving over Tegiwa. Tegiwa will continue to sell theirs at £100 and good luck to them ;)

I would suggest you making a new topic in the CTR items for sale section with the information you listed above, with some good pics etc. Even if you don't sell any there's nothing to lose! I will personally send anyone seeking the cover in the direction of the thread and will most likely buy one myself at some point. Once word gets around you might sell even more. Might wanna let us know if there are any other things such as the RBC itself that you think you can do a good price on, they sell for £250 here IIRC

Think me and nub on same wave length here I'd rather wait a week than pay tegiwa £100 for one.

Def start a topic mate it would be worthwhile to you I do want a cover at some point so I'm a def customer going your way
*nub* wrote:I doubt you'll be bombarded either but afaik these covers have not really been readily accessible for years until 2 weeks ago via Tegiwa
They've been accessible for years, where have you been? The RBC manifold and the RBC manifold cover became available since the 2006 US Civic Si became available. I started selling RBC kits about a year later, and the RBC cover about a year after that. So, we're talking about 7 years ago. Don't you browse ebay? My RBC kit customers are about half in the UK, and about half elsewhere. In other words, you guys are a major market for me, and I definitely listen when you need something from me.

It is a piece of plastic, but Honda controls the pricing, and the resellers just have to figure out at what price we can resell them for. I likely have the advantage over sellers in the UK, since I am at the source, in the US. AND, ebay gives me a significant shipping discount.
*nub* wrote:I would suggest you making a new topic in the CTR items for sale section with the information you listed above, with some good pics etc. Even if you don't sell any there's nothing to lose! I will personally send anyone seeking the cover in the direction of the thread and will most likely buy one myself at some point. Once word gets around you might sell even more. Might wanna let us know if there are any other things such as the RBC itself that you think you can do a good price on, they sell for £250 here IIRC
Thanks for the suggestion... but, I prefer that people just keep an eye on my ebay store, and see what they like. http://stores.ebay.com/PrecisionProposition

If I go around advertising, I don't feel that it would be fair, unless I contribute money to the site. Not my plan, currently.

I can do a good price on everything you see in my ebay store. Like I said, I've sold RBC kits for about 7 years. I seem to have started the RBC craze after all the dyno tests I did back then. ClubRSX, then kicked me off, and claimed all the work for themselves. So, I walked away, and ended up on ebay, never to return to CRSX... and rarely to any other forum, for that matter.

Lastly, I've owned my DC5 for nearly 13years now, and still enjoy it.
It's great to hear from you mate I think what you may not know is that sometimes those covers don't come up in the eBay search, I myself had to get some help to find the link.

Anyhow your here now and I'm sure you will get some interest I'll be one in next monh or two as I hate not having a cover on my intake looks a mess

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]