The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By Johnnyswitch81
Hi all,

Been looking into getting some wind deflectors, not really looking to pay the price of the JDM ones to be honest.

I've read mixed reviews on the heko ones, more bad than good.

I've found that climair do these, has anyone purchased these and what are they like, if anyone's got any pictures of them installed that would be great.

Let me know,

Thanks
By howie1987
Hi mate

Climair one's are great. I had the heko ones before and the climair ones fit alot tighter and don't need the clips.

I can get a pic tomorrow for you.

I have a discount code aswell its CLUB197 its on a card i got with my climairs and not sure how much of a discount but think its pennys but every bit counts.
By Johnnyswitch81
howie1987 wrote:Hi mate

Climair one's are great. I had the heko ones before and the climair ones fit alot tighter and don't need the clips.

I can get a pic tomorrow for you.

I have a discount code aswell its CLUB197 its on a card i got with my climairs and not sure how much of a discount but think its pennys but every bit counts.
Top man, glad to see someone has got them and a good review :)

Be good to see some pictures of them fitted, I was going to order them but thought i'd wait until someone gave some feedback on them.

Appreciate your time mate, cheers
By lukeyboi89
if youve got a NHB ep3, ring climair directly and ask them for the darker coloured set, it costs a bit more as they have to be shipped from germany, but they look a lot better, and when i did this last month you had to order over the phone..

heres a pic :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B72VZi ... sp=sharing

think they were like £47 with german delivery,

mention the club197 code and say youre from an onwers club to get it for that price!
By Johnnyswitch81
lukeyboi89 wrote:if youve got a NHB ep3, ring climair directly and ask them for the darker coloured set, it costs a bit more as they have to be shipped from germany, but they look a lot better, and when i did this last month you had to order over the phone..

heres a pic :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B72VZi ... sp=sharing

think they were like £47 with german delivery,

mention the club197 code and say youre from an onwers club to get it for that price!
Cheers mate, I have called them and spoke to them and want to get the dark sports type ones as you have got, just been reading online about if they are legal, lots of interesting things lol, I'm going to check with my insurance company about it as well ;)
By lukeyboi89
havent watched the vid as im in work...

but why the hell wouldnt they be legal?

im insured with adrian flux and told them about the mod, nothing was mentioned...
By Johnnyswitch81
lukeyboi89 wrote:havent watched the vid as im in work...

but why the hell wouldnt they be legal?

im insured with adrian flux and told them about the mod, nothing was mentioned...
Because they need to have an approval of some sort and be regulated as they are classed as a body modification believe it or not as they don't come installed from the manufacturer and you have to declare them, some insurance companies won't insure you with them.

For insurance reasons For example if one comes off while your driving and hits a motorbike and makes him come off etc and they are not declared, your insurance may be invalid and you end with a hefty bill!!

Also some insurance companies say they reduce your visibility etc.

Also not sure if the tint of them matters, as we all know you can't have your front windows tinted, does this count.

I know it sounds stupid, but all needs to be considered.

Google it, you will see it's on many car forums, although no definitive answers.

I really want some, but can't be bothered with the worry!!
By Johnnyswitch81
So I spoke to my insurance company and they advised they can add these to my modifications list no problem, therefore I have ordered some climair ones today, should get them in a couple of weeks, will let you know how I find them when they are fitted ;)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]