The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
just looking at refurbing and fitting some facelift headlights to my pre-facelift but just wanna know

do i need an adaptor for the hids if i order a H1 hid kit like this? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0911700274

also are the headlights a pig to get the lenses off the backs? got condensation i wanna get out and then fully seal
The HID you posted up is a decent kit for money ive had a set for a few months now,only problem ive had like many others is the radio gets a little interferance sometines when on?,yes you will need some bulb holders these are anout £7 off ebay!

Mb
Manbond wrote:The HID you posted up is a decent kit for money ive had a set for a few months now,only problem ive had like many others is the radio gets a little interferance sometines when on?,yes you will need some bulb holders these are anout £7 off ebay!

Mb
Sorry to post in an old thread but I’ve come across this one searching for the answer to my question.

I’ve snapped the lugs off the bulb holder on my HID kit, the little plastic things that convert H1 bulbs to fit in the H4 housing in the facelift. They’d gone brittle with the heat cycles. I therefore need another but I can’t find them anywhere on ebay..

Can anyone point me in the right direction??

Thanks!
m1ke wrote:They will fail an MOT though, bare that in mind.
Im not too sure why people keep saying this.
Theres nothing in the mot testers guide to say aftermarket hids are a fail. its only factory fitted hids that are a testable item on the headlamp self levelling and headlamp washers.
aslong as they are the correct colour and have the correct beam pattern they are fine for mot.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]