The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By Chids
Hi guys and gals :smile:

Ive just gone to fit my bonnet raisers and fitted all the bolts/raisers etc, it looked quite mint but when i went to open the bonnet fully it caught the wings! :bad-words:

Ive taken them back off for now as i could only open the bonnet half way, which is pointless!

So my question is, has anyone fitted bonnet raisers? If so, how did you get around the problem?

Any advice welcome :bigthumb:

Cheers liam
By mjhamilton
What are bonnet raisers? What is their function? Why raise the bonnet?
By Chids
To let the hot air out, ive fitted a mushroom air filter and to help stop it sucking in hot air from the engine i thought i would raise the bonnet

Liam
By mjhamilton
Chids wrote:To let the hot air out, ive fitted a mushroom air filter and to help stop it sucking in hot air from the engine i thought i would raise the bonnet

Liam
Aaah got it....
By mjhamilton
won't water an crud get cack into the bay??

By RoBMX
Don't care how well it works, looks gash and for that reason I'm out.
By purcy
Hello mate I am just about to buy some spacers ( glad I found this thread ) what size thread did you get M6 or dude?
By mickdj
all little chavs with there saxo`s and fiesta`s have them round my end, why dont you put the idea forward to all the race teams out there that dont use them
By mickdj
im taking this one step further cant see how you could get any better cooling than this and your taking weight off

By TEGIWA IMPORTS
purcy wrote:Hello mate I am just about to buy some spacers ( glad I found this thread ) what size thread did you get M6 or dude?
You need M6
By AreaMotorsport
gobbledygook wrote:When the car is moving, the air pressure in front of the windscreen is greater than that under the bonnet, so air actually gets forced into the engine bay when you raise the back of the bonnet.

That's why bonnet vents are fitted further towards the front of the bonnet, so they let air out.
This man is correct, not only are you creating drag by raising the bonnet, but you're also creating a hot spot around the inlet area.

:bigthumb:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]