The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By Chris6t9
Hi guys, last year I bought some white number plate lights and one just went a couple of weeks ago. So I went onto ebay and bought a set for 4.50, but within a week they had both blown.

So I contacted the seller who sent me another set, but they blew again.

Now I know a few of you guys on here use them, and I prefer them way more than the standard yellow lights, so can someone link me a set that are proven to work and last.

Cheers :)
By tonyb86
Chris6t9 wrote:Hi guys, last year I bought some white number plate lights and one just went a couple of weeks ago. So I went onto ebay and bought a set for 4.50, but within a week they had both blown.

Now I know a few of you guys on here use them, and I prefer them way more than the standard yellow lights, so can someone link me a set that are proven to work and last.

Something must be shorting out somewhere causing them to blow, check the wiring loom and clean the contacts..
By Chris6t9
tonyb86 wrote:
Chris6t9 wrote:Hi guys, last year I bought some white number plate lights and one just went a couple of weeks ago. So I went onto ebay and bought a set for 4.50, but within a week they had both blown.

Something must be shorting out somewhere causing them to blow, check the wiring loom and clean the contacts..

Ok cheers mate ill take a look, but the yellow ones are fine which is why I thought it was the bulbs :s
By Civic_Alex11
pretty sure its the bulbs, on my old car the cheap led numberplate lights and sidelights kept blowing all the time. on my civic i put the cheap 7 led numberplate lights in and some of them have blown etc. so atm ive got these inhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130484630091?ssPageN ... 1439.l2649 and so far in the few months ive had them in,theyre fine and not blown or anything. however their not as white/blue as the cheap ones and look as much of a 'hid' colour like the cheap ones did. might just be because my numberplate light covers need a clean?
By Chris6t9
Thanks alex ill definatly check this out when I get home. Greatly appreciated. I have no problems with my cheapo sidelight bulbs though :p.

I guess I got lucky there lol.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]