The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By Jord_R6
Sorry if this has already been covered but ive seen some rear smoked lights on a CTR that looked quite nice, better than the pre facelift an facelift imo. Ive tried searching on ebay but nothing really came up.. Just wondering if anyone has or knows anyone with some? Thanks
By Mr. t
Tint them looks good rather buying a whole headlight..........
By Mr. t
I think its just a thick film...to apply...But the rear bumper and headlight I think would need to come out for that 100% perfect finish...

Let me make some phone calls might put you through the correct people...Give me a couple of days...

:thumbup:
By traffmeister
its not illeagl aslong as they dont make lights dim if i remember rightly. my mate sprayed his :smile:
By Sam.
The rear lights of a car have to be reflective in the dark, so if the tint/film/paint is too dark they could be illegal. Even some 'road legal' aftermarket ones aren't actually legal unless you stick some reflectors elsewhere on the rear of the car.

I don't like the tinted light look, bit 1990's.
By b0t13
tinting spray from halford or ebay, just spray a few layers to make them dark,

but dont go too mad otherwise youll have to remove it and start again
By Bizmuth
I tinted the rear lights on my old car it was Foliatec(I think) tinting spra . Looked pretty good and a nice easy job. Thinking of doing it on my black EP3. The good thing of the spray is you can build it up in layers so you don't go too dark.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]