The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By Dan-Cov
I was thinking about getting some h.i.ds for my ctr because ihad them in my focus and loved them but they are alot of money , has anyone fitted any other headlight bulbs in there car like the osram night breakers or philips xtreme power bulbs and are they anyway near close to h.i.ds or is it just worth waiting for some more cash and to buy some h.i.ds????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
By Bud
Dan-Cov wrote:I was thinking about getting some h.i.ds for my ctr because ihad them in my focus and loved them but they are alot of money , has anyone fitted any other headlight bulbs in there car like the osram night breakers or philips xtreme power bulbs and are they anyway near close to h.i.ds or is it just worth waiting for some more cash and to buy some h.i.ds????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
They wont even be close to HID's mate

You can pick HIDS up for £50 brand new buddy :thumbup:
By Dan-Cov
yeah didnt think they would be, do you have to remove the bumper to fit hids because they dont seem to be alot of room around the headlight , where can you buy them for £50 then ??? :thumbup:
By Bud
Dan-Cov wrote:mines a facelift model, would i need to get 55w so there anit a warning light on the dash or would it be fine with 35w?????
Would be fine mate

You need a H1 HID kit

Also buy some bulber holders :thumbup:
By dnz 21
see LeeH on here he has some kits for sale with the right bulb holders :thumbup:

i went from xenon bulbs to HIDs and in my eyes you carnt put them in the same class, HIDs are a LOT better
By sa08
I've had the Osram Nightbreakers. They're better than the standard bulb but nowhere near as good as a HID kit!
By dnz 21
sa08 wrote:I've had the Osram Nightbreakers. They're better than the standard bulb but nowhere near as good as a HID kit!
yeh iv had thos and the phillips version of them (carnt remember the name) same sort of bulb though

i found they only lasted a few months then one would go off :bad-words:

save yourself time and money in the long run and just get the HIDs straight from the off. just make sure you get some good side lights to match :wink:
By ShaunCTR
dnz 21 wrote:see LeeH on here he has some kits for sale with the right bulb holders :thumbup:
Ditto,

I got mine off Lee along with the bulb holders and matching L.E.D side lights for £100 all in. Fitted them the other day and they look ACE!!!!!
By LeeH
ShaunCTR wrote:
dnz 21 wrote:see LeeH on here he has some kits for sale with the right bulb holders :thumbup:
Ditto,

I got mine off Lee along with the bulb holders and matching L.E.D side lights for £100 all in. Fitted them the other day and they look ACE!!!!!
By Omni
Yes but retro-fitting HID's to a car that didn't come with them and doesn't have headlight wash and self-levelling is illegal.

(although I used to have them in my CTR, I now have Factory fit HID's with self-levelling and washers so I feel I can go on a crusade against those who fit them illegally)
By ShaunCTR
Omni wrote:Yes but retro-fitting HID's to a car that didn't come with them and doesn't have headlight wash and self-levelling is illegal.

(although I used to have them in my CTR, I now have Factory fit HID's with self-levelling and washers so I feel I can go on a crusade against those who fit them illegally)
:lol: :boxing:
By chozifek
Omni wrote:Yes but retro-fitting HID's to a car that didn't come with them and doesn't have headlight wash and self-levelling is illegal.

Here we go its allways someone...........
:samuri:
By R24669
ShaunCTR wrote:
Ditto,

+1

i've wasted money over the years trying to get the same light from bulbs rather than getting a hid kit. Just put hids in yesterday which were supplied by LeeH on here and i really cant stress enough the difference they make. Dont waste money on bulbs, hid kit everytime IMO. :thumbup:
By Stevo M81
I got my kit for £80 well worth the cash, and they are so easy to install as they are just plug and play. Here is a pic of my kit which is a 6k one

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]