The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
devil84 wrote:WOuld a front strut brace give the same benefits as a rear JDM ARB??
No, your car is already braced front and back. Open the bonnet and look down the back of the engine, then lift up the boot carpet and right behind the rear seats is another!
bornlucky1 wrote:
Mart wrote:God no, it's just bling.

Fastroad setup will make the car feel nice for about £200.
LSD for around £700 fitted
Pads, lines and fluid transforms the brakes for about £200.
Where? If thats right its my next mod for sure :smile:
I thought that was about right? £350 for a Wavetrac and around £350 for fitting depending on where you go. I covered my ass with "around" though :lol:
devil84 wrote:Just front pads I presume?
Yea, no point at all uprating the back pads dude :thumbup:
GSCTR wrote:Do the oil change yourself, jack the front up, undone one bolt, catch oil replace filter, fill up.... £50

Fast road set up.... good idea, improves alot.... £165

Hondata airbox mod with filter, great idea i had it for a while before my ITG....£50

Rear JDM Anti Roll Bar, again jack the rear up, cut old droplinks off as they're a bitch to do replace.... £110 tops

Ferodo DS2500 pads....£85? i think

Skunk 2 weighted gear knob for the money you saved on labour...£40
Okay presuming these mods are done.

What is bang for buck the best mods you could from £501 to £1000.
Guess it really depends on what you use the car for.. ie driving back and fore to work, fun car, track car etc, and how you drive to what is best for you

Mine is a fun weekend A & B road car with a few mods all of which I could live without except for

LSD
Pads, lines and fluid
Rear ARB
Fastroad setup

For me those are the best mods but then they might not be for you.... LSD wasnt cheap though and over £1000 all in but it does transform the car and I wouldnt want to live without it.... happy spending :thumbup:
Mart wrote:
bornlucky1 wrote:
Mart wrote:God no, it's just bling.

Fastroad setup will make the car feel nice for about £200.
LSD for around £700 fitted
Pads, lines and fluid transforms the brakes for about £200.
Where? If thats right its my next mod for sure :smile:
I thought that was about right? £350 for a Wavetrac and around £350 for fitting depending on where you go. I covered my ass with "around" though :lol:
devil84 wrote:Just front pads I presume?
Yea, no point at all uprating the back pads dude :thumbup:
Around £350 for a wavetrac diff?? If it was i loud snap one up straght away

Make that £800 + :lol:

http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/LSD.html
devil84 wrote:will lowering the car make the car feel more planted and assured, or are the oem springs pretty good anyway?
It will lower the centre of gravity......if I've put that right, so it should feel better planted and with the camber and all set up it'll be sweet :cooldude:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]