The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
By ales_86
Now i've gone down the HID route, i thought it would be a good idea to take photos before & after so we can see how much of a difference they actually make...

I upgraded from standard H1 bulbs to the H1 Halogen Osram Nightbreakers as the standard was just plain dreadful.

H1 Halogen Osram Nightbreakers Beam pattern

H1 Halogen Osram Nightbreakers which is what is displayed below:

HID 6000K kit installed

Hope this helps anyone crossed between 2 minds about getting them, they are well worth it!
By Sam_EP3
Thanks for posting this mate as its a useful 'real-world' demonstration of how the HID looks, compared to the various manufacturer and supplier generic diagrams.
Now, if it wouldnt be too much trouble, could you purchase a set of pre-facelfit headlights and a H4 6000k bi-xenon kit, just so I could see what they would like on mine! :thumbup:
By aleung2
Good thread mate, as already stated, it's a good real world like for like comparison. I did exactly the same thing from Nightbreakers to 6k HIDS. I was truely amazed. Best £150 I've spent it a long time.
By Martin_Hx
£150 is that all ? I thought they were mush more expensive, altho ive heard all the story about dodgy fitting etc
By ales_86
The HID's were £115 delivered & the bulb holders were £15 delivered.

Got them from HIDs4u.co.uk using the discount code "toyota pro" :-D

Took no more than 20 mins to fit too.
By wedgie
Damian1 wrote:Good post. I was uming and ahing about whether to get HIDs or not. Well I definately will now :thumbup:

Without a shadow of a doubt, HIDS are the best mod,i have ever done to any of my cars..

Ok,within the letter of the law,hey are illegal unless you have headlight wash and self leveling lights,but the difference they make is unbelievable....

I also went for a hids4u kit,for 2 reasons.
1.they are not some cheap ebay kit that will blind drivers coming the other way (they have worked on beam pattern before selling there kits)
2. i know quite a few people that have them and there customer service is first class.
By evilowl
ales_86 wrote: H1 Halogen Osram Nightbreakers which is what is displayed below:

HID 6000K kit installed
Perfect example of what a difference a decent HID kit makes, and an example to everyone who says that halogen bulbs come anywhere close :lol: I don't care if it says 4000k on the packet, it is nowhere near 1500k in real life :lol:
By unabashed
which kit is shown in the pics? I was on HIDS4U last night and couldn't decide between;
  • pro plus 33W
    pro max 55W
    Slimline 35W
    Ultimate 35W
proplus kit only comes out at £95 with bulb holders and white sidelights so very very cheap - not sure on the quality though?
By wedgie
unabashed wrote:which kit is shown in the pics? I was on HIDS4U last night and couldn't decide between;
  • pro plus 33W
    pro max 55W
    Slimline 35W
    Ultimate 35W
proplus kit only comes out at £95 with bulb holders and white sidelights so very very cheap - not sure on the quality though?

i think it's pro-plus i have on my dc2 and they are superb, and if the kit is from HIDS4U, then you have no worry about quality........

HTH
By unabashed
fxn wrote:
unabashed wrote:are these the bulb holders that are needed for facelift EP3?

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product.php?pro ... =49&page=1
Im pretty sure those are the FN2 ones, think you want these ones mate:
http://www.convert2xenon.co.uk/product. ... product=73
Bugger I've sent the order through now! I'll email the chap and see if he can swap the holders round or cancel them :oops:

thanks for the heads up!
By speedy36
Those are the ones i got the other day.
The guy is well sorted and will sort you out mate. Just so long as you get in touch with them before they sent them out to ya.

let me know when your fitting them mate as wouldn't mind seeing how you do it as i have tried to get the drivers side one done and get get to the tw@t.

:thumbup:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]