The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Done any mods? Let us have look or give us some tips.
Dixy1987 wrote:
Aid1987 wrote:My cover that bren done last month for me.

great work mate, thanks! :thumbup:
I've got the same colour mate - love it!

Bren's work is top notch.
Its a great colour! I used to have a white cover to match my wheels but I needed some colour in my engine bay and tthis is perfect!
Hey Bren, covers look very good. Just wondering what process you go through to obtain the finish?

Do you remove all the oem crinkle red and wet on wet once bare metal or do you etch then prime to then rub down and paint?

Is it a 2pac solid color or a water based/solvent based paint with clear over?

Cheers Bren.....,
Bren no longer does them
I got one done in OEM crinkle red with a crinkle black plug cover by Spooner Restorations. Search him up on Facebook. His works are of high quality as well, you won't be disappointed!
I think he's just moved home so is in the process of transferring all his equipment into his new garage so won't start till the end of April, plus he has quite a backlog of orders but it's worth the wait :smile:
edward051291 wrote:Bren no longer does them
I got one done in OEM crinkle red with a crinkle black plug cover by Spooner Restorations. Search him up on Facebook. His works are of high quality as well, you won't be disappointed!
I think he's just moved home so is in the process of transferring all his equipment into his new garage so won't start till the end of April, plus he has quite a backlog of orders but it's worth the wait :smile:
Cool, cheers buddy, not in any rush, just think it looks really nice. ;)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]