The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, Cleveland, North Yorkshire, Huberside, Durham.
By Craig1986
I have had my civic type r for a week it's an 07 with 44k on the clock and I love it but the 3rd gear has a fault it won't go into gear now and again. You can drive it for a hour and it will be fine then all of a sudden it will be notchey to get in and sometimes pops out I have been doing some research and it looks like the syncro in 3rd and 4 th gear needs to be replaced I have put fresh oil in the gear box today to see if that would help but it's no better so I'm just curious of how much it will cost in total parts and labour if anyone has had to had it done would you please give me a rough idea of how much it will cost thanks
By Danny_clegg
This is in the wrong place. But hey ho. 3rd gear synchro, feels like it's not quite in then if you let the clutch out it'll pop out of gear. It's like £400 to replace it as it's a long ish job to do. Quick fix to make it kind of go away.... Install a short shifter. It makes it easier to get into third and will get rid of the problem where it doesn't go in properly. Don't worry though , its not a massive problem and won't go away. Try also a heavier gear knob, I had the skunk2 weighted one which made it easier to get the gear in

Hope this helps

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]