The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

By K Vee Gee
Alright guys, I am planning a weekend tour (next summer around May/June?) up on the North West of Scotland on the Island of Skye and part tour of the mainland, covering the highest road in the UK, the Bealach and a tour around Skye.

The Bealach

Skye

It will consist of challenging single track roads, with some stunning scenery. Coupled with what I think to be some of the best A and B roads in Scotland. I live on the island so know my way around very well and know all the roads. I plan to have one day touring around Skye and then the next a trip over the Bealach to Applecross for some lunch in the Applecross Inn, which has awesome food.

The village I recommend people stay in would be the village of Kyleakin, where there is plenty of accomodation at all price levels and it has 3 bars, 2 of which sell some good food.

The date has been confirmed as 21st and 22nd June.

People have already started to book in the Mackinnon Country House Hotel in the village of kyleakin, for the dates of 20th, 21st and some the 22nd as they don't fancy driving home after the day of driving.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Certi
I did a 3 day tour round the North West of Scotland last summer on the bike and loved it. The roads are phenomenal, as is the scenery. We are heading back up again this year so might see you guys there.

Would definitely recommend this.
By Bi6Dom
Went camping at Applecross last week, weather was amazing, food at the Inn was great, place was packed full of tourists. We camped at the shore down at the cove! Had the old campfire going a great day out! I'll ask the other half if she's up for it!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]