The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By snny99
Hello guys, only had my 2005 ep3 type r on the road and wanted to ask is it me or are the standard speakers so rubbish, wanted to replace them as most new cars come with great sounding audi, so wanted to ask what would be the best solution as i don't want a sub or any of that stuff just a upgrade so what would be the best way about it.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sunny
By Wilkesy
I can confirm, after changing my headunit the sound was a whole lot better! I was shocked as was expecting to replace the speakers, but haven't bothered since.
By snny99
Guys what are the dimensions for the front speakers and rear speakers and how would i get tweeters in the car as i dont see any tweeter pods and the best way to fit the power cable for subwoofer?
By w6ady
You can buy tweeter mounts from Honda mate about £16 each. They replace the blanks on the inside of the mirrors. As for speakers you can mount a set of 17cm components in the doors you will need some mounts to put them on. I believe you can use some Vauxhall ones do a search or alternatively just use a set of mdf spacers as I used on my ep3. Not all 17cm speakers will fit as if the magnet is too big will foul the inner door skin. Before you buy check the measurements carefully. Adding sound deadening will get more from your speakers also.
By mtailor
w6ady wrote:You can buy tweeter mounts from Honda mate about £16 each. They replace the blanks on the inside of the mirrors. As for speakers you can mount a set of 17cm components in the doors you will need some mounts to put them on. I believe you can use some Vauxhall ones do a search or alternatively just use a set of mdf spacers as I used on my ep3. Not all 17cm speakers will fit as if the magnet is too big will foul the inner door skin. Before you buy check the measurements carefully. Adding sound deadening will get more from your speakers also.

Here is my build. You can use this as a guide.

http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254685

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]