The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By chucklberry
Looking at getting a double din unit for my ep3 got up 350 to spend. I was looking at the pioneer units but seen nothing but bad reviews for linking it to your phone for apps etc. Thinking of going with the Alpine ics x7 does anyone have experience with this one or can recommend any others??
By chucklberry
I've got android! Main things that I need it for are Spotify phone calls and maps would be a bonus but not essential. Whats the dab like on that one?
By 1812_s
chucklberry » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:47 pm wrote:I've got android! Main things that I need it for are Spotify phone calls and maps would be a bonus but not essential. Whats the dab like on that one?
I use the Bluetooth for phone calls and sometimes music. Sadly maps won't mirror onto it. there is a device that you can buy to mirror the phone to it but there isby much info about whether it works well so haven't tried it.
By leej8
Buy a android radio fully equipped and with 300 bob , you will get a brilliant one ,Google Android radio,
By leej8
You can get them from USA ,and has everything that any Android phone/TABLET has ,just read the spec I.e 4.4
They work perfectly .
By leej8
Sat navigation will work perfectly cos maps are preloaded on separate chip ,and yes you can put sim in ,but your better of just have it connect of your phone when your in rang
By chucklberry
I was looking at the newsmy 5001 but that one looks good. Is it Google maps on it? Due you have that same unit? Thanks for your help
By leej8
Everything your Android phone has the radio has,and some have dvd, cd players ,iv a tablet in mine connected to small amp for sound, but I'm also looking into buying one of them android radios ,
By chucklberry
I think I'm going to get that one in the link you posted it's £75 cheaper than the one I was looking at. Is joying one of the better Chinese brands?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]