The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By octivich
hi guys i've got a ep3 and the sound is rubbish!! want to upgrade the front speakers for components, what will i need to upgrade them? from what ive read i will need MDF rings, sound deadening, wave diffusers and moisture guards. what is the maximum size speaks i can fit without cutting or modifying the door cards? any help would be great. also will the tweeters fit in these pods from lings Honda? 76220-S5T-A01ZA and 76270-S5T-A01ZA cheers
By w6ady
You can fit 17cm components in the front doors with the use of a mdf ring or spacer. You just need to look at the size of the magnet on them as if they are too big then the door would require cutting to fit them. Also the back of the door card will require trimming but nothing major. The use of sound deadening, wave diffusers and moisture guards are optional but will make the sound better. Are you planning on running them from a amplifier? Are you upgrading the head unit? This really is a must mate as that will improve the sound no end. Not sure on the part numbers but you can get the tweeter mounts from your local Honda dealer. Hope this helps mate.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]