The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By EP3crew
Hi guys
I currently have the standard CD player in my 2005 Ep3 CTR.
Iv bought a standard Sat Nav unit for my car now.
I wanted to fit it today but when I removed the standard unit there was less wiring for the Sat Nav unit.
One plug plus the radio aerial fitted into the head unit but it didn't switch on.
Do I need to get extra wiring to get the Nav unit working ???
Cheers
By dbc243
There is a separate wiring loom needed. When I did mine it came with the unit along with a GPS aerial that fit in the housing behind the speedo
By falaoakes
dbc243 wrote:There is a separate wiring loom needed. When I did mine it came with the unit along with a GPS aerial that fit in the housing behind the speedo
Hi I've just brought a ep3 and it already has the standard cd player with sat nav but it needs this sat nav disc where did you get a disc from ?
By dbc243
Mine came with the disc, at the time they were silly money from Honda, although this was in 2007. £170 springs to mind. I'm sure there must be other options by now
By EvoStu
falaoakes wrote:
dbc243 wrote:There is a separate wiring loom needed. When I did mine it came with the unit along with a GPS aerial that fit in the housing behind the speedo
Hi I've just brought a ep3 and it already has the standard cd player with sat nav but it needs this sat nav disc where did you get a disc from ?
You can get them from Honda but they're specific to the sat nav model.

Can also get them from eBay.
By falaoakes
EvoStu wrote:
falaoakes wrote:
You can get them from Honda but they're specific to the sat nav model.

Can also get them from eBay.
I'm going to go to honda and ask what disc I need then probably get it off eBay as honda will charge silly amounts for it. Thanks for your help guys.
By EvoStu
Yup the official Honda disc is mega money. Plenty on eBay.

You may be shocked as Honda may do you a deal if you ask. It is after only a disc.
By falaoakes
EvoStu wrote:Yup the official Honda disc is mega money. Plenty on eBay.

You may be shocked as Honda may do you a deal if you ask. It is after only a disc.
Yeah cheers pal
By EP3crew
I don't have the wiring or the gps aerial I bought the sat nav off a lad on here but looked at it & put it away for a few month when I came to fitting it I realized the wiring was missing
Contacted him but he doesn't have it.
Can I buy the wiring from any where ??
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]