The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By scooby1
Hi guys

Looking at fitting one of these into my ep3.

I have a couple of questions i was hoping someone more knowledgable would be able to answer for me before i buy it.

My prime reason for buying one is to use the apps from my phone in the car such as google maps and spotify. I also plan on getting some sort of app that will throw up dials for different parameters of the car, something like the torque app probably.

First of all, how does the phone connect to the app radio? Is it via a cable or bluetooth, or both??

Secondly, i will want to use spotify as my main source of music in the car, again do i connect via bluetooth and will i incur horrific data charges from my mobile phone provider or do i just sync everything on my phone into the app radio and use it from there??

Over and above the unit itself, do i need anything else, adaptor cables etc, im aware of the need for a new fascia plate.

If anyone has any photos of their app radio installs or alternative methods of similar ideas such as tablets etc, that would be a big help

Thanks

Steve

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]