The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By Burnz0
Firstly, I apologise if this has been asked and answered a thousand times already but I want to be sure I’m buying the correct thing. I’ve got a Sony X-Plod headunit from my previous car that I would like to fit in my Civic. I attempted it a few years ago but the connection at the back didn’t match and after visiting Halfords and being quoted £50+ for the parts I put the factory one back in and being lazy I’ve made so since. I’d now like to have another go. I assume I’ll need a harness(?) to match the connection and then some kind of fascia as I recall it didn’t fit the space perfectly. It is a single din(?) unit.
Can anyone confirm the exact part I need as the ones on ebay advise checking that the plug connections look the same which is hard to do without sitting in the car in front of the factory unit? It’s an 05 model if that makes a difference?

Finally, on a separate note, does anyone know why my cigarette lighter won’t charge my phone, satnav etc but yet still works for the lighter? It can’t be the fuse or anything so I’m a bit stuck as to what can be wrong with it?
Thanks
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]