The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By jymsta
Hello to all you fellow honda and epe ctr drivers,modders,nutters :-D
I have recently upgraded my cars stopping and going performance, soon to be doing a frsu and getting alloys powdercoated... but thats not why im crying out to you lot atm

I am now wanting a stereo upgrade because my skunk2 megaR 70 best of an exhaust is drowning out my crappy standard stereo on as loud as it will go without burning out my soeakers lol

I am looking for advice from all you lot because you have probably already done it all and know what to get,do or have.
I dont really want to spend noth of 500 sheets for the lot but i feel i may have to..
whats the best set up to have? i want a decent sound and bass but not over powering so i shake to bits lol, ideally 300-500 for all.
that has to include A HU, front and rear speakers although i do have rear infinity kappas just running of standard HU that if amped would prob be alright???
amp, sub, sound proofing, wiring acessories.?

cheers guys
Jymsta

running gruppe M,RBC 90mmTB 421 Japsppeed skunk2 R 252.6bhp mapped at tdi north :-D
By mtailor
Hello mate. I did a write up some time ago.
Go basic : Head Unit - branded like Alpine / Kenwood / Pioneer.

6.5" component speakers - Focal are good. Will need an MDF ring.
Factor in tweeter mounts.

Sound deadening- Skinz or Dynamat

Don't worry about rear speakers.

Need about 4 hours to do all this.
By jymsta
hello mate sorry ive been off the website for ages.... so busy else where but now i have all for the stereo except tweeter pods/mounts where the hell did you get them ive looked online for 6 hrs and got nowhere?
cheers mate
By jymsta
cheers mate but i tried honda and cant find squat all on ebay lol
before the install.. havent had the cards off, my ep3 ctr is 05 plate, what size speakers do i need in the front? 13cm or 17cm does it matter if i put new addaptors in to convert from 13 to 17 will the standart grills and cards still fit?
cheers
By akingcool
'6.5" component speakers - Focal are good. Will need an MDF ring.
Factor in tweeter mounts.'

= 17cm
By w6ady
When I did my install I purchased some generic mdf ring spacers from eBay I believe they were 1 inch thick painted them before install to add a bit of protection too them. They fitted fine. When I came to put the door cards back on I just had to trim the back of them slightly as there is a piece of plastic that will hit the speaker/mdf ring. It's very easy to spot as its what sits around the standard speakers. Hope this is of some help pal :bigthumb:
By w6ady
Wave diffusers are supposed to make the speakers sound better I fitted some whilst I did my install. Moisture guards are foam pieces which go around the speaker to try to limit moisture attacking your speakers. I never bothered with these as I couldn't see how they worked. If you tried to pm me I haven't received anything mate.
By jymsta
ah right ok cool.
so these wave diffusers are pointless then? sounds like a fad or something made up to me dunno though as audio stuff i know squat about lol
By mtailor
w6ady wrote:Wave diffusers are supposed to make the speakers sound better I fitted some whilst I did my install. Moisture guards are foam pieces which go around the speaker to try to limit moisture attacking your speakers. I never bothered with these as I couldn't see how they worked. If you tried to pm me I haven't received anything mate.
I think he never fitted the moisture guards. To be honest, neither did I. But I did put in wave diffusers
By jymsta
i have no clue what they do or what they are but i think i will ring car audio direct and ask them cheers
By *nub*
Where do you live mtailor? I am going have to take out my entire system and put it in an fn2 [emoji52]
By *nub*
Think I messaged you before about JL audio HD amps or was that someone else ?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]