The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By Swell
Basically I have a full set up from my old car ready to go in to the CTR, the install was set up in my previous car by B&B audio Cardiff, they want £500 to re install it and sound deaden it, to me that's day light robbery I'd rather save £300 spend £200 on what I need and have a bash myself, just wondering if anyone's installed a system they're self, what I need to remove the seats etc? Also can you get a 0 gauge wire through the electric bung or will I need to drill a new hole in the engine bay??

Iv tried looking for a guide but the one I found none of the pictures load up

Any help much appreciated
By Superbully
Swell wrote:Basically I have a full set up from my old car ready to go in to the CTR, the install was set up in my previous car by B&B audio Cardiff, they want £500 to re install it and sound deaden it, to me that's day light robbery I'd rather save £300 spend £200 on what I need and have a bash myself, just wondering if anyone's installed a system they're self, what I need to remove the seats etc? Also can you get a 0 gauge wire through the electric bung or will I need to drill a new hole in the engine bay??

Iv tried looking for a guide but the one I found none of the pictures load up

Any help much appreciated
Done a front install with sound insulation material. Power cable through to engine bay can be routed through wheel arch :wink:
By Swell
how will I get in in to the car from the wheel arch? Isit even safe to run a power cable outside?? It's a fair size wire to tuck in a wheel arch?
By torch1
You don't need 0 guage anyway. One of many car audio fantasies.

We run an 18k soundsystem from 63amp power supplies via a cable not much thicker than car audio 0 guage. A couple of wallowy subs run from a car battery doesn't need industrial sized cable.

Not that anyone will listen though.
By t100ypr
0 gauge is a bit exsessive unless your running silly sound and if you are there
Is no point weighing down a ctr. The cable will fit through the bung and to sound proof your looking at half hours work to pull all side panels off and seats out.
By Swell
Iv already got the wires do I'm not going to buy new, it's what was installed, as for the subs, they cost me £500 each when I bought them,and the amps where 1500 and 2000 so they're hardly "wallowy" granted they're not 18k worth but then again, if I had 18k to spend subs would be the last option!!

Do you know what size torx head I need that's if the seats are held in by a torx and not a nut?
By torch1
Swell wrote:Iv already got the wires do I'm not going to buy new, it's what was installed, as for the subs, they cost me £500 each when I bought them,and the amps where 1500 and 2000 so they're hardly "wallowy" granted they're not 18k worth but then again, if I had 18k to spend subs would be the last option!!

Do you know what size torx head I need that's if the seats are held in by a torx and not a nut?
18k as in 18 thousand watts, not pounds. Although it's worth a fair bit more than that. And it's PA not car audio. I wasn't slating your gear, I'm sure it's great, I was slating car audio in general. It's nappy compared to real world audio equipment. I was just trying to illustrate that 0 guage is silly in a car.
By t100ypr
When I had the interior out in my ctr I can't remember there being any torx at all so u should be sound with some spammers sockets and screwdrivers.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]