The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By mtailor
cosmicmarc wrote:Yeah I read that I think I may have to ring him as me and a friend want the tweeter mounts
He is a top bloke.
He does have some stock of the focals, but for similar money, he has another brand, audison Voce k6 I think. Retails at over £350. I think he will do a deal for you on them. I will PM you the link.
mtailor wrote:Comicmarc, did you manage to get hold of Steve(Dalco)?

Hi mate not had chance I went to bed this morning after work, I got the tweeters from a guy up north for pretty much same price, think I'm going to use a local installer, my mates getting his done so going to see what it's like. I originally didn't want to run an amp but guys doing a deal for mate £280 fitted everything inc amp plus Focal comp 165a1 sound proof etc. I don't fancy doing the amp my self like.
By mtailor
Amp is hard work. But fun to do. I will get my amp and wiring fitted, but I am going to do the speakers myself. I will have a go at it tomorrow and over the weekend. Hope all works out ok. Which amp did you go for? A quality amp, say 50w per channel, with a good SNR and response is better that a huge powerful one with crap response figures. Take it from me, playing in the audio game as a consumer for almost 20 years.
By mtailor
If you are using the OE head unit, I don't know if the speaker outs have the power to drive the mids and highs effectively. An after market head unit should have a better power output. The sound quality will be better. To put it in a simple way, when you listen to music on the OE head, then using the same speakers with an aftermarket H/U, the sound difference and quality is night and day. Using an amp and taking good quality feeds from the H/U is a massive improvement too. An amp using outputs from the OE unit will not be as "clean" as an aftermarket with dedicate outputs.
Going back to your question, if I was keeping the OE H/U, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a speaker set. A cheaper Alpine or Kenwood would be sufficient.
mtailor wrote:If you are using the OE head unit, I don't know if the speaker outs have the power to drive the mids and highs effectively. An after market head unit should have a better power output. The sound quality will be better. To put it in a simple way, when you listen to music on the OE head, then using the same speakers with an aftermarket H/U, the sound difference and quality is night and day. Using an amp and taking good quality feeds from the H/U is a massive improvement too. An amp using outputs from the OE unit will not be as "clean" as an aftermarket with dedicate outputs.
Going back to your question, if I was keeping the OE H/U, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a speaker set. A cheaper Alpine or Kenwood would be sufficient.
Thing is just how noticeable will it be running the focals on the oem unit with out amp compared to running the amp? I really dont like aftermarket h/u especially as they are black and the surrounds all silver.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]