The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
did you get a camera Trev ?

The link above doesnt work :(

I'm thinking of getting the same headunit as you, how have you been getting on with it ? Any problems or annoying features ?
By trev27
Yep got a camera, £25 from ebay
Mounted under the bumper, asi thought under the number plate would look awful

Still needs a bit of fettling to work properly as i don't think i have wired it right (purple/white wire of headunit
i have n't connected so the camera is over riding the screen but leaving it blank with just the message on, once sorted
it should be fine, will be doing that over the next few days.

Headunit is amazing, a lovely bit of kit, only problem is in sunlight its a bit difficult to see and that the ipod connection
is on the front of the unit, other than that it is all good, oh and the sat nav unit to go with it is £350!!!!!
that looks a great picture from the camera :-D Do you have a link to the camera you got ? the link above is out of date..
Also did you use the double din kit from Dalco ? I prefer the black look to the silver surround. Just trying to price it all up to be fitted in and working :)
I stock the 3300BT and am able to match the eBay price of £300 now after negotiations with pioneer.

I can also offer a unique modification service to modify the unit internally to allow iPod connection to be connected from the rear of the unit instead of the front as people complain it isn't ideal.

I charge £60 for the modification + £30 for the Pioneer lead required.
By trev27
Dalco type R wrote:I stock the 3300BT and am able to match the eBay price of £300 now after negotiations with pioneer.

I can also offer a unique modification service to modify the unit internally to allow iPod connection to be connected from the rear of the unit instead of the front as people complain it isn't ideal.

Now that is a good idea, don't know why Pioneer did n't do it.

£300 that is a good price now mate, bit late for me, but everybody else will get a good deal if they go for it
trev27 wrote:Mounted under the bumper, asi thought under the number plate would look awful
I've got mine just above the numberplate, next to the hatch handle, barely visible from the rear, much more cleaner installation.
I'll upload a pict in the morning.

And some constructive critisism... You don't have any reference point in the sight of the camera, you never know for sure how far from the object in the rear you are.
I've got my camera set up exactly so I see the edge of the bumper + about 2m behind the car and it allows me to park almost precisely to the centimeter close to the object behind me.

As stated before, I'll upload some pics in the morning so you can see what I'm on about.
By trev27
PelMorgath wrote:
trev27 wrote:Mounted under the bumper, asi thought under the number plate would look awful
I've got mine just above the numberplate, next to the hatch handle, barely visible from the rear, much more cleaner installation.

And some constructive critisism... You don't have any reference point in the sight of the camera, you never know for sure how far from the object in the rear you are.
I've got my camera set up exactly so I see the edge of the bumper + about 2m behind the car and it allows me to park almost precisely to the centimeter close to the object behind me.

As stated before, I'll upload some pics in the morning so you can see what I'm on about.
Was going mount in the numberplate surround, but this camera looked too big mounted in there and was really noticable, hence i placed it
under the bumper. As for reference points its only going to be a back up (and also a bit of a gimmic as the headunit can take a camera and this was
cheap enough at £25) and i am not going to use 100% for reversing.
By trev27
Ashman3000 wrote:that looks a great picture from the camera :-D Do you have a link to the camera you got ? the link above is out of date..
Also did you use the double din kit from Dalco ? I prefer the black look to the silver surround. Just trying to price it all up to be fitted in and working :)
Here's the link for the camera

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0424773302

No, unfortunately i did n't buy the Pioneer unit from Dalco as at the time he could n't match the price from where i got it (he can now though)
The surround was a cheap one of ebay, did n't fit properly and needed a lot of messing about to fit, it was also silver and i just sprayed it black,
looks a lot better though, Dalco would be the best option i think.
By sn:afu
trev27 wrote:
PelMorgath wrote:

Was going mount in the numberplate surround, but this camera looked too big mounted in there and was really noticable, hence i placed it
under the bumper. As for reference points its only going to be a back up (and also a bit of a gimmic as the headunit can take a camera and this was
cheap enough at £25) and i am not going to use 100% for reversing.
Interested in seeing the pics of how you've got your camera set up, thinking of getting one for my DC5 :salut:
By SuperFLY
Dalco type R wrote:I stock the 3300BT and am able to match the eBay price of £300 now after negotiations with pioneer.

if you'd have said that a couple of months ago id have had one off you in an instant!

having the usb/aux on the front annoys the hell of out me on my MVH-8200BT :bad-words:

cant see what volume ive set it to, cant see the time, if my phones connected.. not unless i start leaning across the car and thats not good whilst driving.

any chance that can be applied to other models? and is it something you'd be willing to share? (i can keep a secret :wink: )

stupid lefthand drive designs..
SuperFLY wrote:any chance that can be applied to other models?
We can do it to both the mech-less MVH models and the AVH models with the front mounted USB / Aux ports.

It's not something we will be offering a guide or tutorial on as it is quite detailed and can easily damage the unit beyond repair if peeps don't know what there doing.

We can mod the units if sent to us, £60 + the Pioneer lead of £30 and postage of £9.95 to send it back.

We recommend that it's sent to us via signed for Royal mail.
thanks for that i'll have a think about it :)

wont need a lead, but yeh.. will have a think

silly question but any pics of the modification? are you literally adding a usb/aux port on the rear of the unit? i guess/hope the front of the unit isnt modified?

in other words, do you canabilise the ports on the front and put them at the back or actually add new ports to the existing circuit? and if the latter would that mean both could be used (obivously not at the same time)?

sorry for all the questions, just want to get it clear whats being done
It's quite simple really, we get a USB & AUX extension cable, plug them in the front ports, take the biggest snap-on flat blade we can find, jab it through the bottom left of the screen as its closest to the ports and feed the cables through to the back. Hey presto, rear iPod connection.

Now if you want the rest of the unit to work well that's a different thing.

Nah, it's additional to the front connection but delicately done. "Butchered" is not part of anything we do in our workshop!! You can only use 1 set at a time front or rear.

I've done it in my Merc so I'll video it and show you how it all functions.

I'm not going into details on how it's done as we spent alot of developing the mod and it is quite a delicate procedure.
I'm having issues with the reverse camera :sad: It works fine when i put it in reverse, but when driving normally it has the black screen with the "caution image may be reversed" message :scratch: if i tap the screen it goes back to the normal background with track/cd display etc.. I have wired up the black wire to a ground and the red wire to reverse light, i have another wire coming from the headunit which i dont know where to wire :vconf: I tried it on a permanent live, but that doesnt work, I tried it on the reverse light, but that doesnt work either..

Any ideas ? im kinda stumped now
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]