The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By craigieboy902
Got mine from same place as mikegarf above recommended from him www.locostcaraudio.co.uk £35 and dont think delivery is much.

Wire from the back of the oem radio headunit to the box in the glove box (pic 2) then a jack phono lead with 3.5mm jack on the end wired down to the center compartment (pic 1) for easy usage and discreetness.

Heres some pics excuse the mess took pics before hoover and tidy up

I think its a great alternative to getting a whole new radio/cd/mp3 unit personally i think aftermarket ones look nasty in the civic so for me this was a winner

Cheers Craig :thumbup:
By craigieboy902
Couldnt really say man on the back of just the normal it has the connection just waiting for an aux adaptor. sat nav one could be totally diffrent back there. i have never seen what the honda satnav looks like.

I took this from a How To on here The black circled area thats where the kit plugs into

By neo
Mr Anderson wrote:If you break your arm in six places and attach a mirror and micro torch to your bleeding knuckles
have you got a video please?
By KPowell911
IF I fit the cheapo £35 kit, I can still use CD's as well cant I?

That Dension Video didnt make it clear?

Thanks
By KPowell911
So if I buy this:

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/mia/pid/12425724

I can plug my 3.5mm-3.5mm jack into my iPhone? or Do I need the other thing in post #2? The picture of the connects 2 block clearly has a L & R input, and a third input, that looks too large to be 3.5MM IMO?

Thanks
By craigieboy902
KPowell911 wrote:So if I buy this:

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/mia/pid/12425724

I can plug my 3.5mm-3.5mm jack into my iPhone? or Do I need the other thing in post #2? The picture of the connects 2 block clearly has a L & R input, and a third input, that looks too large to be 3.5MM IMO?

Thanks
Yes buy that then all you need is a jack phono lead with a 3.5mm jack on the end(Amazon/eBay). But it depends where you want the wire to go as to what length you need (think I got a 3m one) . The top of this thread are the pics of what I did with mine, wired through to the sliding compartment from the glovebox.

Give a shout if you get stuck :bigthumb:
By KPowell911
Ah I see, a Phono to 3.5mm jack.

The one I've found says Nav, is that correct?
By craigieboy902
KPowell911 wrote:Ah I see, a Phono to 3.5mm jack.

The one I've found says Nav, is that correct?
If you click the link above ^^^ (lostcaraudio) that's the one I bought upon the recommendation of mikegarf. Dunno why it says sat nav.

:bigthumb:
By KPowell911
Craigie Boy, did you need to drill any holes to get the cable through to the Cubbyhole?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]