The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By craigieboy902
Ye man, theres plastic that separates the cubby hole. Cars locked up or i'd have a look but im sure its the bit if you take the ash tray out. ye ???? once you get throught the plastic thats it in the cubby hole.

Let us know if u get it ????
By KPowell911
Cheers, Ill figure it out once its all out I guess.

Only thing is, is the silver box in your glovebox as in Visible? I would like to hide mine Ideally
By craigieboy902
Mmmm well you can see it if you open the glove box if thats what you mean, failing that i suppose you could just secure the box in behind the centre console somewhere when you have it out to pop the leads in to the back of the stero.
By alexb1888
Hey,

Did you have any luck with this? Is the aux cable that's supplied long enough to go into the centre cubby hole? Did you have to drill any holes?

I think I might give this a go.

- Alex
By KPowell911
Mine came today and I managed to get it fitted within half hour ish, simple job with the guides.

I will need a longer Jack cable to run it to cubbyole, but for now, its ran to the Ashtray pretty easily.
By KPowell911
Ordered a longer jack now

Only thing Ive came from a a fully sound deadedned/dynamatted Car, with Amped 6.5" Componants in MDF Baffled housind.... lets just say sound quality is dissapointing ;)
By craigieboy902
Spot on with that its quite bad really, i use an corsa 03 as my daily commuting car and its got a pretty decent stereo compared to the EP. You would expect better for a more expensive car

Its on my list to do at some stage i think.
By KPowell911
Right got my 2m lead installed, but how do you get it into the cubby hole? Do you need to drill?
By craigieboy902
KPowell911 wrote:Right got my 2m lead installed, but how do you get it into the cubby hole? Do you need to drill?

Yes you need to drill through, or when my mate done his he heated up a metal rod/wire the width of the cable head and just melted through the piece of plastic. Sounds a bit :eek: but it worked fine.
By alexb1888
Got mine fitted, I struggled to get the bolts off without a socket wrench. - I had to put my dash back together, drive to the shop, buy a socket wrench set then take the dash apart again. I'm happy with it coming out the ashtray, it's not too much of a eyesore.

Thanks guys.
By Seany-ads
Hello, ive just picked up a 55 reg type r with the double din sat nav unit which also has a aux button, i dont suppose someone could let me know what kit i need to connect my iphone, if theres a kit that i can skip through on the actual headunit rather then the phone that would be brilliant as i need to get one fitted asap, cheers all

Sean
By pdapaul
Hi
We can supply a Connect2 product that will allow you to skip tracks etc using your head unit. This particular product connects via your cd changer port so you will unfortunately lose the use of your changer. We can supply the interface for £99 delivered.

Many thanks
Paul
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]