The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By danny_dub
Hi there,

Only had my EP3 for a week. I've noticed an AUX button on the headunit.

Is there a AUX input? For like an MP3?

Many thanks!
By Dalco type R
yep there is

this one

This plugs into the back of the Honda radio and when the AUX button is pushed it enters a new mode.

The interface allows a left and Right phono signal input.

I usually install the AUX inputs along with this part:

This gives the apearance of a much more factory looking accessory.

Mount this anywhere, I'd go for in the drivers side cubby hole or in the ash tray.

This will then give you the choice to plug in a L+R phono cable or a 3.5mm head phone jack.

The AUX input interface comes complete with a L+R phono to 3.5mm headphone plug lead.

I sell the Aux input for £39.99 and the Aux input tidy for £14.99

or alternativly for a cheap i-Pod input with charge then you can add this lead insted.

It will charge the i-pod and extract the audio from the bottom of it instead of using the 3.5mm headphone output.

The i-pod simple charging / audio extraction lead is £14.99

Need to check if it will charge all the i-pods as they converted to 5Volt, I think that one is only for the older 12Volt i-pods.

Steve
By MrDuffett
Hey all,

Im in the same pickle, if I purchase this, will I be able to plug it into the back of my standard 54 plate EP3 cd/radio and be able to plug my iphone in and listen to the music on it? and if so... how easy is this to do? Am I going to have to purchase a load of tools to do this?

http://www.lowcostcaraudio.co.uk/lcca/m ... d/7306604/

Kind regards

Tom
By Dalco type R
If you buy the kit i sell as pictured above with the nex generation i-pod lead it will charge and extract audio from the bottom connector.

The newer i-pod lead is £29.99, the older one is only £14.99

Regards

Steve
By amc
Do you still need to control the ipod by hand with this mode or can the tracks be changed via the standard head unit?

Thanks
By Dalco type R
It is simply an AUX input,

It will play the audio into the head unit but not allow control of the iPod via the head unit.

I do another product for £120 that allows track skipping via the head unit and provides a charge to the iPod also.

This is a seperate interface not needing the one listed above.

It is also a plug and play kit!!!!
By gavin_T
Hmm interesting stuff was about to take out the oem one and put in my pioneer ipod unit from my old car. This looks good though and I really quite like the look of the standard unit as it will retain a clock etc :smile:
By b0t13
is the first image/product along with a left/right to single phono cable okay to just plug in and play music?, i dont mind having a wire hanging out and will use it to plug my phone in for music.

Jay
By Dalco type R
b0t13 wrote:is the first image/product along with a left/right to single phono cable okay to just plug in and play music?, i dont mind having a wire hanging out and will use it to plug my phone in for music.

Jay
Correct !
By seant950
MrPeriPeri wrote:So that kit is not compatible with the iPhone 3GS unless you buy the addon for £9.99... is that correct? :scratch:
No mate, just uses the headphone jack, worked on my 3G and now my 4
By MrPeriPeri
Ah yeah I know I could do it like that but would quite like to be able to charge it in the car and control it from the headunit :thumbup:
By mikegarf
Just finished fitting my IPOD adaptor as shown in the original post. Dead easy to fit, had it all done in about 40mins. Works great no messing around, love it :-D

Also fitted a longer phono-jack cable and routed it so it comes out at the side of the ash tray, you can just drop your IPOD in the center compartment still connected to the cable and out of sight of thieving eyes if you want. :cool:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]