The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By Broon206
thats very nice mate, i knwo ill sound bad when i say this but see if you have sourced the red middle material on the seats and used that, oh god that would make me sex wee.

this is a very nice install though :thumbup: attention to detail is great!
By GreaseLightning
^^ lol I reckon that would look a bit strange tbh. but whatever floats your boat. personally i really love the smooth look of the alcantara. plus what is the point in using factory material when you can use something better and there's no chance anyone would ever believe a job like that was oem anyway haha.
By sephgreen
Also I have the pre face lift which has the grey inserts in the seats but this was not an option! We went for red to match the car and just to be a bit different (If we went all black the angles of the "wings" would have been lost!) Weeks on and im really really happy with it!

And the back seat is now used for two things: Shopping and :wink: !!!

Glad you are all loving it!

Seph
By Broon206
GreaseLightning wrote:^^ lol I reckon that would look a bit strange tbh. but whatever floats your boat. personally i really love the smooth look of the alcantara. plus what is the point in using factory material when you can use something better and there's no chance anyone would ever believe a job like that was oem anyway haha.
Just think it would be nice seeing the interior theme flow into the boot... since he has used the same stitch detail as the seats why not go all the way :cooldude:
But as I have said in the other post, its a stunning install anyways :thumbup:
By N77
Hey you use the same sort of set up as mine, I have the e4300 amp bridged to power the components too.

I am looking to find a decent set though now as the one speaker has gone wrong and is fizzing sound coming out of it. I have the Diamond Audio M661's in and had the gain down a little on the amp too. How are the speakers you have holding up and what is the amp set at?

Carl
By sephgreen
Just a quick update;

Looking to get the boot illuminated with Red neons (I know it sounds chav but if red lights in the footwells of the new CTR is good for mr honda then its fine for me!!) Also looking to get my playstation 2 or even purchase a playstation 3 installed! no real point its just the fact I can! More screens, Sat Nav and a rear view camera also on the cards at some point! I just cant leave it alone!

Watch this space!!

Regards Seph
By sephgreen
N77 wrote:Hey you use the same sort of set up as mine, I have the e4300 amp bridged to power the components too.

I am looking to find a decent set though now as the one speaker has gone wrong and is fizzing sound coming out of it. I have the Diamond Audio M661's in and had the gain down a little on the amp too. How are the speakers you have holding up and what is the amp set at?

Carl
The JL components are holding up fine! They do sound crystal clear and work well! Because I am running standard rears I have adjusted the Balance slightly to the front! So I would recommend JL Audio, but there are a number of different names about that work just as well!

I would spend as much as you can afford on front comps. The JL's cost me about £450 ish! but are worth every penny! Failing that see if you can pick up a replacement driver! I know this may sound abit of a stupid question, but have you checked all the connections and made sure that no interference is making your speaker react in this way???

Good Luck Seph
By GreaseLightning
sephgreen wrote:I would spend as much as you can afford on front comps. The JL's cost me about £450 ish! but are worth every penny!
I can believe that, mate. I sat in a friend's mota who had an Alpine headunit and JL everything else - his components were around 250 and it sounded really great! I have Rainbows that cost 130, which I am very happy with, but I reckon your system would blow me away! :shock:
By N77
sephgreen wrote:
N77 wrote:Hey you use the same sort of set up as mine, I have the e4300 amp bridged to power the components too.

Carl
The JL components are holding up fine! They do sound crystal clear and work well! Because I am running standard rears I have adjusted the Balance slightly to the front! So I would recommend JL Audio, but there are a number of different names about that work just as well!

I would spend as much as you can afford on front comps. The JL's cost me about £450 ish! but are worth every penny! Failing that see if you can pick up a replacement driver! I know this may sound abit of a stupid question, but have you checked all the connections and made sure that no interference is making your speaker react in this way???

Good Luck Seph
Yeah I need to check them out throughly first, I did check the wiring though and couldn't see anything that would cause a problem. I was going to get the door cards off and have a proper look at them, but with the possbility of changing the car its been on the back burner, amps are all out of the car too. Have been looking on the net and yours seem to be available still, saw them at £249 so if these are deffinitely shot I might be tempted, as I have JL audio sub and amp combo too

Carl
By Durzel
sephgreen wrote:Just a quick update;

Looking to get the boot illuminated with Red neons (I know it sounds chav but if red lights in the footwells of the new CTR is good for mr honda then its fine for me!!) Also looking to get my playstation 2 or even purchase a playstation 3 installed! no real point its just the fact I can! More screens, Sat Nav and a rear view camera also on the cards at some point! I just cant leave it alone!

Watch this space!!

Regards Seph
I've got some blue neons in mine, don't think it's chav when it's not being seen... not like they're undercar neons or anything.

Mine are wired up to the boot light so they only come on when the boot is open.

Video here
By chemdog
love the custom double din panel, really looks better being flush to the dash IMO in comparison to the more upright obvious ones.

How are you finding the head unit graphically - bored with it yet, repetitive, finger prints all over the screen; and can you turn the display off for motorway/night driving? Reason I ask is I am thinking of getting one... when I eventually get my CTR (4 days :WOOT )

Nice setup :thumbup:

Iain
By sephgreen
chemdog wrote:love the custom double din panel, really looks better being flush to the dash IMO in comparison to the more upright obvious ones.

How are you finding the head unit graphically - bored with it yet, repetitive, finger prints all over the screen; and can you turn the display off for motorway/night driving? Reason I ask is I am thinking of getting one... when I eventually get my CTR (4 days :WOOT )

Nice setup :thumbup:

Iain
Hi Iain, Thanks for your comments, To be honest I do clean the screen fairly often, but the screen background is set to red so any fingerprint dont really show up (when the unit is on) anyway! I am still loving the graphics on this unit although i'm not sure how the new "202i" has improved them?? The brightness can be set to how ever dim or bright you want! I normally have mine set to match the rest of the cars illuminations so it doesn't really distract me when driving at night!

Finally fella, they are a really good all round unit and really work well with both my JL's and Ipod, Get one!!

Kindest Regards Seph
By N77
N77 wrote:
sephgreen wrote:

Carl

Good Luck Seph
Yeah I need to check them out throughly first, I did check the wiring though and couldn't see anything that would cause a problem. I was going to get the door cards off and have a proper look at them, but with the possbility of changing the car its been on the back burner, amps are all out of the car too. Have been looking on the net and yours seem to be available still, saw them at £249 so if these are deffinitely shot I might be tempted, as I have JL audio sub and amp combo too

Carl
Well after having the chance to check out my speaker, connected the amp back up to see if it was still happening and it was, so removed the door card to find the speaker like this :(

So I can safely say its fooked :lol:

On looking on the web though I can't find anyone with these JL Audios for sale, have seen them on ebay but they are from the US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

They are $199.95 and they have qouted me $79 for delivery so with current exchange rate works out to about £137

Or I had a look on ebay to see if I could flog mine off what I have left working, never used tweeters and the crossovers and remaining mid, and there was someone selling some on there new for £110 plus £15 delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-DIAMOND-AUDIO ... dZViewItem

Or have a look at something else.

What you think would of caused the damage, over powered?

Thanks

Carl
By sephgreen
Hi Carl,

With out looking at the power gains and your set up I could not be certain that the damage was caused by over powering! Although i'm not to sure of what else it could be?

I think the JL's from ebay are cheap, but be aware that you will need to pay import tax on that! Plus John Hearn @ "Indo electronics" kept me waiting approx. 5 months for my JL Audio wiring kit! (Worth the wait though!!) But the JL's are a very good speaker! it is now the middle of the range set up! (For anyone interested the JL comps go from the bootom end to the high end - TR, VR, XR, New CS and the daddy ZR)

Cant really comment on the diamond audio because I have not had that much to do with them!

Give Paul at ice station a call tell him that you have been speaking to me (Joe Green) and would like him to give you some options for some front speakers. Not sure where abouts you are located but if you decide to travel down to buy some we can go out for a beer, or if paul wont post them, I can pick them up and post them up for you! May be worth a phone call!! Paul's number is 01284 725655 (they are open Tues to Sat)

Remember to put the sound deadning when you replace them!

Seph
By N77
I am using the exact same amp as yourself, which was the reason I was looking at the JL's you have too :lol:

I had the gain turned down as well, although they have been pumping strong for nearly 2 years

Carl
After a shunt up the arse, (Not much damage, just opened up a gap slightly) my insurance company decided to send my CTR to the bodyshop to get her sorted! I took the System out as I did not want it to get damaged! Now 4 weeks later I am due to get my car back and now going have to put my boot build back in! going take a while to put it back in but should be pumping well in time for the show season!! More recent pictures to follow!!

Seph
By sephgreen
I now have this back in my car (After getting the CTR back from the bodyshop after a 4x4 decided to nudge me forward-not much damage but enough to piss me off!!!) I took a fairly long time to wire back up and slot the 7 piece jig saw in. But it is looking and soounding good, I will give it another clean on Sat and post more pictures!!

Seph
By FAT4Y
dam that looks well mate..i cant change anything on mine because apparently itl;l cost £2000 just to change the headunit..its all connected to the air con:( i miss me sound system on my old car lol:P
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]