The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Anything sound related, got any tips, post 'em here.
By sephgreen
Well after a few designs (and many more design changes) I now have the pleasure of revealing to you my new I.C.E Install, The concept was drawn up by myself. Then Paul and Dave at Ice Station in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, took the concept and made my dreams a reality! (The pictures really do not do this justice!)

I think we have created a clean, tidy install that kicks arse! The sound quality is absolutly amazing! (As you JL Audio followers will appricate) I know the purists amoungst you would rather have the speed, but I drive alot of miles with work so it seemed like a logical thing for me to do! (Plus it can still scare a few cars on the roads.)

The system comprises of;

Head Unit
Alpine IVA W200Ri- Mounted in a custom double din panel (Made by myself)
80G I pod (Black case with red stitching-I know i'm a style tart)

Amps
JL Audio e4300- 4 Channel bridged to the front comps
JL Audio e1800D- Sub amp (Turned down so it does not turn the sub inside out!!)

Speakers
JL Audio XR 625 csi- Comps (tweeters mounted in Honda bezels with “JL” Logo)
JL Audio 12W3 D4 V2 Subwoofer

Other
JL Audio 2 Gauge Wiring (Shipped from the states)
JL Audio Fuse holder, Dist. block, Ground lug etc.
Phoenix gold QX Series Power Cap
Phoenix gold RCA’s
Dynamat original
Dynamat extreme

The box is stepped up at the back to accommodate the rear strut brace and is the correct recommended air dimensions. The front of the install is covered in genuine red alcantara, the rest of the install is covered in black alcantara (With red stitching to the top cover) and to keep the type r theme alive there is a raised “R” on the false floor!

(Above) Full view
(Above) e1800 D-right hand wing/panel
(Above) W3-middle panel
(Above) e4300-left hand wing/panel
(Above) Stitching detail
(Above) Raised "R"
(Above) view from left
(Above) view from right
(Above) Mirror plate/tweeter with logo
(Above) Alpine header/custom panel

I may add more to this system as time goes on but at the moment I am enjoying my crisp sounding bass line!

Once again Thanks to Paul & Dave at Ice station in Bury St. Edmunds. Top job! I know it was a pain in the arse but the results speak/sound for themselves!

Give them a holla on 01284 725665 or visit http://www.icestation.co.uk

Enjoy, Seph
Last edited by sephgreen on Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By dbc243
looks great, very tidy indeed.

One question, where did you source your alcantara from, been after some myself?
By Zascar
That's gorgeous mate, one of the nicest I've ever seen! incredibly well done.

Do you mind if I ask how much it cost? I'm planning an install, different layout but would like to know how much it would cost for a similar quality job
By sephgreen
I did have a deal with Ice Station as I have brought so much stuff off of them in the past! The major cost was the labour! then the alcantara!!

My suggestion would be to give Paul a ring and asked for a budjet price for your needs. I drew up a sketch of what I wanted, took it over to them and the rest is history.

Really, really pleased with the finish (Looks better in real life) and yes the sound is awesome!

Kindest Regards Seph
By sephgreen
Does anyone know the best way for cleaning Alcantara?? As you can see from the raised "R" picture its a bugger to keep clean, When its hoovered you have to brush it all the same way to get it to look good!

Also, I know its a bit chav, but should I put a red neon in the boot to illuminate my install?

Any adivice or input welcome!

~Kindest Regards Seph
By SeasideR
Yaeh it is chavy but i think it would look cool, after all the new CTR has red ambient lighting :thumbup:
By GreaseLightning
Yeah, looks stunning mate. :cool: Loving the boot build - very professional!

Did you purchase all the kit from ICE Station as well as have them do the install or did you already have it?

If you don't mind me asking - how much did you pay?
By Robbidoo
sephgreen wrote:Set off two car alarms yesterday afternoon! Get in!
ROFL. Nice work :D

I hate to ask the obvious question, but don't you ever need your boot for anything? I've always just had a solid box tied down so that I can easily remove it.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]