The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By Lee S
Well, my Honda is 30 mins away from the end of its 4 yr lease :cry:

I have to say I am feeling rather emotional and rather than looking forward to the new car coming ( not a Honda ) I am feeling quite sad about the whole thing !

Even my little lad (6 yrs old) this morning was quite upset and said he would miss our car and doesn't want me to pick him up from school in the new one !

Funny how a little car like the Civic really grows on you !

Probably sounds sad ... but there you go.

Bye Bye Little 02 CTR ! :-(
By Savvy
What a sad day indeed mate!

Why not another honda? Can't you extend the lease? :cry:
By jam11
what new car is it?
By Lee S
No it had to go back so no option to extend. I had the opp to buy it but they wanted £8.5k for it, which I thought was expensive for an 02 with 77k on the clock.

I've got a Saab 93 Aero 2.0T Convertible 06 plate - nothing like the CTR but the wife likes it.

And before the jokes start coming about hairdressers car :oops: ,etc .. !!!

Still will be checking in and reading the latest CTR news and views. The lease on the new car is only 2 yrs so could be coming back to Honda in the not too distant future.

Just hope the new Saab will be as reliable as the Honda which in all fairness never skipped a beat ! ( apart from Steering Racks and Heat Shields !!! ) :)
By Mark83
You never know in 2 years time the mythical Civic Type RR might be out :wink:
By Nick
Lee S wrote:No it had to go back so no option to extend. I had the opp to buy it but they wanted £8.5k for it, which I thought was expensive for an 02 with 77k on the clock.

I've got a Saab 93 Aero 2.0T Convertible 06 plate - nothing like the CTR but the wife likes it.

And before the jokes start coming about hairdressers car :oops: ,etc .. !!!

Still will be checking in and reading the latest CTR news and views. The lease on the new car is only 2 yrs so could be coming back to Honda in the not too distant future.

Just hope the new Saab will be as reliable as the Honda which in all fairness never skipped a beat ! ( apart from Steering Racks and Heat Shields !!! ) :)
Nowt wrong with those cars - I believe they look great as well as being a great car engineering wise - enjoy but have a drink for the CTR tonight !!
By Nige
Lee S wrote:No it had to go back so no option to extend. I had the opp to buy it but they wanted £8.5k for it, which I thought was expensive for an 02 with 77k on the clock.
If you don't mind me asking what were/are the details of the Lease option you had, just interested as owning a car now for me is just a monthly outgoing, it would be nice not to have the hassle of having to sell the car after so many years of ownership. Just curious of what your experiences are.
Lee S wrote:Well, my Honda is 30 mins away from the end of its 4 yr lease :cry:

I have to say I am feeling rather emotional and rather than looking forward to the new car coming ( not a Honda ) I am feeling quite sad about the whole thing !

Even my little lad (6 yrs old) this morning was quite upset and said he would miss our car and doesn't want me to pick him up from school in the new one !

Rrrrr bless, you have a cool kid :lol:
By slamduncan
Ahh shame, although you were right not to buy it at that price.
Mine cost less than that with 50k on the clock.
By BIG ARG
It looks better than the other body shell that goes on the floor plan ( Vectra)
By Mr Crane
Sorry, but much as I like the CTR for its abilities it's still just a tin box on wheels. I never have and never will invest emotion in a car. Even when my RS2000 got destroyed I didn't shed a tear - especially as the nice insurance man gave me so much money for it :D
By magicgreg
Mate has got a Saab 93 Aero 2.0T Convertible and I don't mind it too much. Had a test drive in one before he got his and I was surprised, didn't think it would be as good as it was. Completely different to the CTR and no where near as much fun. Just remember the happy times that you had with your CTR!

G
By Lee S
Well 1 day later and I am missing my CTR.

Put 350 miles on the new Saab already and it is a completely different kettle of fish but it just isn't as fun to drive !

2 good things already though - headlights that actually show up what's in front of you and not getting frost bite in my hand when changing gear -especially from cold !

Nige - the lease was a company car lease. There wasn't an option to extend, they have to take it back after 4 yrs. Did have the option to buy but at £8.5k they were having a laugh. No doubt it will end up in auction for much less.

BIG ARG - I guess Saab being part of GM would mean sharing of common parts. Have to say that it doesn't have the typical convertible handling issues. Feels very solid and sure footed and happy for it to share Vectra parts as long as it doesn't look like one !! :)

Just seen the details for the new CTR, will no doubt be checking it out when the Saab lease runs in 2 yrs time.
By Lee S
Almost 15 years ago and I came looking for my old login and found this old thread

The little boy who was upset his Dad had to give up his Type R, has just gone and bought his own EP3 ( 2003 model )!!
I suspect he'll be registering here very shortly.

Dad went on to own a multitude of cars since then and currently driving VW Golf R (and a garage queen Focus RS)

Gstar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:55 pm

By LeeH
Lee S wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 am Almost 15 years ago and I came looking for my old login and found this old thread

The little boy who was upset his Dad had to give up his Type R, has just gone and bought his own EP3 ( 2003 model )!!
I suspect he'll be registering here very shortly.

Dad went on to own a multitude of cars since then and currently driving VW Golf R (and a garage queen Focus RS)

Gstar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:55 pm

I bet his insurance is a little cheeky.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]