The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
For example . . .

If you leave your interior light on when your Type R is frosty / icy or been snowed on. It melts the snow, ice or frost on the top of the roof. Never had this happen on any of my other cars.

Have you learned any unusual little Type R habits lately ?
By Adambsmith
As seen elsewhere today, someone has learned that the spare wheel does not fit on the front.
By Adambsmith
The rear wiper will come on if you put the car in reverse and the front wipers are on.
By martin
A bleeper sounds when I put the key in the ignition before I put on my seatbelt. :x
By sjw
Adambsmith wrote:As seen elsewhere today, someone has learned that the spare wheel does not fit on the front.
That's in the manual, isn't it?
By sjw
Adambsmith wrote:The rear wiper will come on if you put the car in reverse and the front wipers are on.
That feature always makes me smile. It's such an obvious little thing to do, but I've never seen it on another car.
By Adambsmith
sjw wrote:
Adambsmith wrote:As seen elsewhere today, someone has learned that the spare wheel does not fit on the front.
That's in the manual, isn't it?
It is indeed - but not everyone knows it :wink:
By Adambsmith
sjw wrote:
Adambsmith wrote:The rear wiper will come on if you put the car in reverse and the front wipers are on.
That feature always makes me smile. It's such an obvious little thing to do, but I've never seen it on another car.
We had a Renault Scenic that did it and I think the g/f's Audi A3 does it too.
By Adambsmith
The passenger seat always returns to the default position after it's been moved to allow entry to the back seats :x
By Nick
The hollow on the inside of the boot on the top right actually closes the boot without having to touch the outside of the car - First time for me in a car !!

Also, if you sit at the lights in neutral and rev the engine, it won't rev above 5500rpm

Lastly, if you wash the car and water gets in the pipes ( standard ones that is ! ) when you first VTec it after washing, the mist out the back is like a Bond Car smoke screen :D
By LeeH
You can actually manually adjust the temp gauge by +/- 3 degrees I found out yesterday :idea:
By Beejam
sjw wrote:

Even ancient Rovers do that.
By bomberharris
Adambsmith wrote:The passenger seat always returns to the default position after it's been moved to allow entry to the back seats :x
not a problem,if your like me theres only 1 seat in my car that i sit in and its not the passenger one :)
By LeeH
Beejam wrote: Even ancient Rovers do that.
Yep, my coupé did and that was 1980's technology
By moNoKnoT
LeeH wrote:You can actually manually adjust the temp gauge by +/- 3 degrees I found out yesterday :idea:
How can I adjust mine? I knew dealers can do this. :D

- Kevin.
By LeeH
moNoKnoT wrote:
LeeH wrote:You can actually manually adjust the temp gauge by +/- 3 degrees I found out yesterday :idea:
How can I adjust mine? I knew dealers can do this. :D

- Kevin.
Hold the button down for 5 seconds. Read it on here somewhere.

I had to adjust mine -2 as it always read high when it was frosty.
By Agg!3
martin laird wrote:A bleeper sounds when I put the key in the ignition before I put on my seatbelt. :x
Not if you unplug the plastic connector under your seat it doesn't. :wink:
By Adamcivic
If you have the door open for a while (while hovering for example) the interior light turns itself off - a nice touch :)

Also if you unlock the car but don't open a door it relocks itself.
By slamduncan
The door panel moves ever so slightly away from the window when it is being wound down. this is why it doesnt remove the condensation from the window when its going down.
Been posted before but what the heck!

Also on the subject of locks, when it says to turn the key in the lock twice to "super lock" it, what exactly does it mean?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]