The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By FoxyLady
HI everyone. Just joined, and will hopefully get to grips with using the site quite soon!

I have a late 2001 Type R. Had it 15 years now, and still kinda love it! Hardly any rust, 90k on the clock. A few minor issues to tackle!! I met an enthusiast when I was about to sell it, a few weeks ago, who convinced me to keep it while longer, and that made me think to join here. Now thinking to give it a little TLC, so hopefully you will share your thoughts on any future posts.

Hope you are all having a fine evening :)

Michelle x
By FoxyLady
Hello! Thank you for your welcome!! :)

Its been a great car, and it’s still pretty nippy!

At the moment, it has a little leak in the radiator, somewhere. I am not sure whether to replace it with a used original Honda radiator, or, replace with a european non genuine one. ( I was told to steer clear of Chinese versions and my mechanic said KSeal might block something). I have found a used genuine one online for £63. Nor sure whether this is a good price or not. I have no idea about these things (blush)

Other than that, I was going to invest in having the wheels dipped and refurbished (£280 for this, including a powder coating)

And.. my mechanic has put a europarts exhaust on it and it sounds attriocious, so debating whether to replace that over the next 12 months.

I have been touching up the bodywork and wouldnt mind getting the (I think) brake calipers(?) sprayed red. Saw a photo of a CTR today that had it done and it looked ace.

Added in 25 minutes 40 seconds:
Here is my trusty steed! Guess I want to spend a bit money getting her nearer to tip top, without going overboard on things that wont add any value.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By bondyboy
Welcome long time Honda owner, I'm still enjoying my ownership after 10 years, 15 is impressive

Unfortunately facebook groups have hurt most forums and CTRO has been no exception (https://www.facebook.com/groups/civictyperowners/ ), there's not much activity on here now but there's still a wealth of information available from the years gone by

I personally wouldn't bother with a 2nd hand radiator, mine went a year or so ago and replaced it with a mishimoto one

Maybe worth keeping an eye out in the for sale section here for an exhaust coming up

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]