The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
Hi lm new to the forum.
I have had Honda main dealer look at this problem. Car seems not to be able to retain remote fob operation for longer than a few days. Honda sold me a new fob and problem came back.

I am replacing the remote central locking receiver unit behind stereo. When l do this will l need to reprogram fob to car?

Secondly is there an alarm sensor that operates on the boot open/closing? If so where is it located?

Many thanks.

Steve.
Tunbridge Wells.
the fob needs to be paired with the new receiver, i think you can find in the manual the procedure or maybe need to go to dealer, not sure.
there is no sensor for the boot, it is based on a power switch . When you open the boot the circuit is closed, trunk light comes on, and if the alarm is activated it will sound, pretty basic.
same for the doors and front hood.
there is a sensor for impact that triggers the alarm also.
Thanks for the reply. I know how to pair fob to receiver. Getting stereo section out to get at receiver looks straightforward.
Re boot piers wick etc. With car unlocked if l lock/unlock boot with jet the indicators flash a couple of times. Is this normal or is it indicating a fault? I swear it did nt used to do that.
I am checking every possibility to fix this faulty
Thanks again.
Steve.
the indicators are flashing 3 times when lock and 1 when unlock? if it is like that i think locking and unlocking the boot arms and disarms the whole system.

don't know if it is doing that, i will try on mine and come back to you. My car was burgled last year and when trying to do this they destroyed both barrels of the locks , the door and the boot. Anyway, i decided to put only one barrel in case this kind of stuff happens again and being a 3 door and enter the car either way,i choosed to mount the cheaper barrel, the one for the boot. But the problem is that one works only if the car has power from the battery otherwise not.
The one from the door opens also without power. Based on this i think the boot is doing what i said in the first sentence.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]