The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By JWOZZ
Purchased an EP3 this week, cant wait to collect it.

I'm told its a jap import and HPI check confirms its imported but doesnt specify where from...

Its 2005 plate, registered 2009 in the UK in nighthawk black and has the premier edition interior. The only jap versions i can see online are in championship white.

Is there a way of checking where its been imported from without the import docs?

Also if you could advise of any points to look out for that would be great, im guessing a clutch will soon be due plus want the timing chain sorting to make sure its in optimum condition. How much am i looking at?

Thanks

Josh
By Nxtxs
They were all made in the UK, then sent to Japan... which is why the silver one ended up being 'ported back by the sounds of it ;) so technically it is an import, but it's not really ^^ however, it will still be UKDM specced.

The JDM-only EP3 was the championship white one with additional specs. Which had around 10-20bhp more (depending on who you talk to) red recaro's, red floor mats & an LSD, HID's, climate control, stiffer ARB's and a momo leather steering wheel.

You will have a UK specced EP3. Hope this helped :)
By mtailor
Nxtxs wrote:They were all made in the UK, then sent to Japan... which is why the silver one ended up being 'ported back by the sounds of it ;) so technically it is an import, but it's not really ^^ however, it will still be UKDM specced.

The JDM-only EP3 was the championship white one with additional specs. Which had around 10-20bhp more (depending on who you talk to) red recaro's, red floor mats & an LSD, HID's, climate control, stiffer ARB's and a momo leather steering wheel.

You will have a UK specced EP3. Hope this helped :)
You’re talking sh!t aren’t you?

The JDM was available in all CTR colours and the japs had championship white too.

All the JDM cars had the K20A engine with the PRC inlet, PRD ECU and the different exhaust manifold.

Added in 5 minutes 44 seconds:
Re: Is my EP3 a jap import? How can i tell?
Here is my VIN plate:

And of course the Union Jack [emoji636] flag on the rear. Image

If it is a F\L then there are no indicators in the mirrors, and they are also folding.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]