The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
Basically guys. Took some old tein dampers out and installing some yellowspeed coilovers. When installing. The track rod ends is loose in the coilove mounting point?? Confused as to why this would be... to note is I bought the coilovers used but virtually as new. My civic is a 51 reg. Was there a change with facelift?? Can't see this being the case. But don't knkw why the track rod ends would fit the tein and not yellowspeed. 100 sure the coilovers came off a ep3

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Or have they been used with inverted track rod ends in which case they have been drilled out

have a look if the bore hole is parallel or tapered
Hi think I got answer from my fb post. So these come with little collars which are usually tie wrapped to the coilovers when new. These are missing so I've just ordered a new set from tegiwa for 15 pounds . So hopefully all is good.

Did'nt now about these collars seems a bit strange then

so they just make these universal

What was the problem with the tein coilovers then, as I have these with the EDFC active pro electronic damping force
as you can set the damping force as you are driving
Newton wrote:Did'nt now about these collars seems a bit strange then

so they just make these universal

What was the problem with the tein coilovers then, as I have these with the EDFC active pro electronic damping force
as you can set the damping force as you are driving
The tein ones were on when I bought the car. They are just the basic model. The car is turning into purely a track car which was always my intention. The tein are a little soft. They would be good as a alternative to lowering springs and as a fast road set up though. Just in process of getting a Fia approved roll cage fitted. Few other bits a bobs planned for over the winter. I should really do a build thread but the car is too far on lol.

Hartlepool jono wrote:Hi think I got answer from my fb post. So these come with little collars which are usually tie wrapped to the coilovers when new. These are missing so I've just ordered a new set from tegiwa for 15 pounds . So hopefully all is good.

Could you post a link for these please ? I can’t find them on tegiwa’s website [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]