The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By two.colours
Hi All

Earlier this year I had a coolant leak where the bottom rad hose fixes to the radiator. The metal spring clip was badly rusted and wasn't clamping the hose with much force. Replaced the lower rad hose and clamp (Honda parts) and everything was fine - did some sprints and trip to Nurburgring since.

Yesterday I noticed the same area was wet again, so took the under tray and front bumper off and there appears to be a leak in the same place again. The area where the lower hose fits to the rad is wet and their is a spalttering of coolant on the under tray and sump - every where else seems dry. I loosened the clamp, pushed the hose firmly on to the radiator (which it already was) and re seated the clamp a little further around the hose. Went for a drive and the problem still persists - not a massive leak but still a leak.

So given the hose and clam are only 6 months old I can only assume the rad is leaking in that area. Just looking at radiators online and found a Nissens radiator available from Lings (£114). Also found an EIS radiator (£70)at Eurocar parts but googled them and didn't fill me with confidence! My other option is a Tegiwa aluminium radiator (£165), though this might be over kill on a standard car and they're showing a 4-8 week lead time which isn't ideal.

Has any one used/have experience of radiators from the above brands?

Cheers
By xstellx
Mine was leaking in the same place... went for over kill aluminium rad (was a tight squeeze!!) then smashed a deer a year later, which sadly wasn't covered by warranty! Was tight for cash so got a cheap one from euro's in May... felt like tin foil in comparison but it does the job for road use on a standard-ish car, no complaints! :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]