The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By connor.barker
Replace my rear caliper about 5 months ago as was seized. Now it's starting to seize again. Anyone else have this problem or suggest anything else that could be causing it?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
By Norv
Firstly, they're brakes. [emoji6]

Secondly, was it definitely a seized piston on the other caliper? It could be a seized slider stopping the brake pressure releasing again. Or even pads tight in the carrier.

I'd take it apart and have a butchers and go from there.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
By connor.barker
Norv wrote:Firstly, they're brakes. [emoji6]

Secondly, was it definitely a seized piston on the other caliper? It could be a seized slider stopping the brake pressure releasing again. Or even pads tight in the carrier.

A mechanic had a looked and said it was the piston mate. Will take it into anther garage and see what they say. And sorry would blame in on auto correct but then I would be lying [emoji23]

By Norv
I recently replaced both rears with calipers from brakes International. They were only about 65 each I think. In theory yours should be under warranty still. Did you go back to where you took it previously?

By Newton
connor.barker wrote:
Norv wrote:Firstly, they're brakes. [emoji6]

A mechanic had a looked and said it was the piston mate. Will take it into anther garage and see what they say. And sorry would blame in on auto correct but then I would be lying [emoji23]

"A mechanic had a looked and said it was the piston mate."

I presume he took the wheel of and the caliper to check , or is he fitted with X-ray vision

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]