The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R EK9 and EP3
By apatel4000
Hello to all fellow members,

After joining this forum back in 2002, i'm now a proud owner of a EP3 some 17 years later! :LOL:

Some will probably say well why did i join in 2002? At the time i fell in love with the EP3 during its launch but being at university could never afford one - student life n' all that....
Since then i've gone from owing Audi S3/RS3, BMW 1M, Golf R and also currently have a F10 M3.

It seems after all this time and the cars i'd had along the way that me and the EP3 still had some "unfinished business." A few months ago after handing my daily back to the lease company the idea of owning a EP3 re-ignited itself. I've been looking for a few months now and have seen a "right bag of high mileage spanners" on the way. I'd like thank all those who have contributed to the "buyers guide" as it made the job of finding a decent example far easier.

Anyway less of the rambling! I picked the EP3 Premier Edition (night hawk) up on Saturday - 2006 (55) one owner from new - 57K on the clock. Body work was by far the cleanest i had seen on any EP3 during my search and the car was immaculate with FSH to match - one owner car made it all worth the money.

Not very friendly for transporting the kids in - the ride seems a lot harsher then i remember but hey, we have the wife's car for that.

I think this one could be a keeper. :Cool:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]